Shipping from the UK?

ally fu

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where it should go.

For those of you in the UK who regularly sell stuff here and on Ebay etc, who do you use to ship your items?

I want to send a small package to the US, with a tracking number. I've tried Parcelforce/DHL etc but they all charge a fortune, and the package isn't worth much a huge sum.

Any help?

Cheers in advance ...

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where it should go.

For those of you in the UK who regularly sell stuff here and on Ebay etc, who do you use to ship your items?

I want to send a small package to the US, with a tracking number. I've tried Parcelforce/DHL etc but they all charge a fortune, and the package isn't worth much a huge sum.

Any help?

Cheers in advance ...

Goto the post office and do international signing.

Tracked shipping from the UK isn't great.

The international signed-for option offered by Royal Mail only offers tracking until the parcel/letter leavs the UK, after which it's off the radar until it reappears at the recipents's house.

There is the option of "Airsure", but that's only available to selected countries.

Europe: Andorra, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Canary Islands, Corsica, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovak Republic, Spain, Spitzbergen, Sweden and Switzerland.

World Zone one: USA, Singapore.

World Zone two: New Zealand

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I sold a pair of SBs to a guy in Liechtenstein :)

Courier shipping from the UK is extortionate though, unbelieveable that we don't have a reasonably priced EMS-type service...

it depends on how you want it to be trackable. international signed for works as jackstraxx explained, so it does have delivery confirmation. so for example if someone files a claim on ebay it can be confirmed that it has been delivered, so in that sense its trackable. if were talking about in terms of being able to find it if lost, I think the more hardcore options are the better ones but of course way more expensive.

I would go with international signed-for

Exactly, i have only ever sent things "international signed-for" and nothing has ever disappeared. One or two parcels got lost for a bit, but everything always turns up.

The best one was when a guy from Dundee claimed his Stussy jacket that I sent from Edinburgh hadn't turned up, even though it was sent recorded and I had confirmation of delivery.

Either that or the postie signed for it and then threw it in the Tay...