Hudson Hotel

titleofauser

Hey

I'm planning on going to NYC around the end of June with my girlfriend and we thought the Hudson Hotel looked really nice. Upon reading up online the reviews really have gone in both the good and the bad, and I can't seem to find a side it really swings towards..so I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences/knowledge about the place?

I was also looking at Hotel on Rivington too...except it seems just slightly over what we're willing to pay..which would be $300 a night (Hudson was 279).

Unless anywhere here knows of any promo codes for either hotel? Regardless, any opinions about either place (but mainly Hudson, since I'm not sure if Rivington is too pricey for me at the moment) are appreciated.

Thanks!

Stayed there for a week in Dec 05.

The rooms are small, and spartan. The smallest rooms just have a divider curtain between the bathroom/shower. I didn't opt for that, because it frankly sounded like uncivilised bullshit. The separate bathroom in my room was wonderful, except for the stupid conical Starck splashy sink. No big deal. If you don't mind a minimalist room, you'll like it. In any case it'll encourage you to GTFO and do things.

The dining room is lovely. They have communal benches, not tables, so there's always someone to talk to. Breakfast was very, very good.

The Library is also a good way to kill a few hours. Quiet, comfy, pool table.

The courtyard wasn't open, cos it was December, but I suspect it's lovely when the weather's warm.

The bar is blah. If you're the sort of fuck-haired, swaggering, swingcock who enjoys standing around pretending that you're not hoping people are looking at you, then you'll like it. It's pretentious, overpriced, and full of the worst sort of people. Why anyone would want to drink there while in NYC is a mystery to me. The hookers are stunning though, if you're into that sort of thing.

Try tablet hotels for a promo rate.

I am surprised that Hudson is so expensive. I've been inside the rooms in both, and if it's such a small difference, than Hotel on Rivington wins hands down. I once rented a room at Hudson for $149. You should sign up on their website to get special offers. Also, I believe there was someone on these boards who had a hook up at HoR.