DH shop in HK

sev3n

I went three weeks ago. From what I saw, it seems to be a fairly comprehensive range... Probably not as complete as Tokyo might be. From what I saw:

Full range of sneakers

Only the skinny black ties

Not the complete range of sunglasses

Not the complete range of leather goods

No candles or the cosmetics range

Ready to wear looked to be well covered

Prices are about standard, give or take.

Terrible service though... The shop assistants look and behave more like security guards...

Full range of sneakers

Terrible service though... The shop assistants look and behave more like security guards...

Their leather goods section looks pretty comprehensive to me. They even had iPOD holders and other nifty leather goods. Joyce in comparison only had 2 wallets at the same time.

As for service, yup. Lacked the good service Hong Kong has been known as of late, even in high end stores. Full of dudes in black whose idea of cool is to ignore you.

a lot of higher end shops in HK are like that IMO. the associates just don't think you'll drop any money so they don't bother.

Not really true.

In 2 of the main Joyce stores, they were very very nice to me. They scoured the whole store looking for my size. Ended up buying one polo T only. They were still nice and friendly.

In the other one, they treated me like the invisible man.

Lane Crawfords mainly ignored me but some of the SAs were gorgeous! Model like gorgeous! So I forgive them for that.

Harvey Nicks was snooty and upmarket but at least service was OK.

LV and Gucci ignored me but they were not to blame. I was mainly browsing with no intention to buy.

Giorgio Armani store was rude.

Balenciaga store by Joyce in Central was very nice. The lady even taught me the difference between Balenciaga they were selling and the Balenciaga going for cheap in many of the malls. I even joked with her the decor in her shop reminds me of a toilet in a public swimming pool. It really does!

She was apologetic there were no clothes left. Think the clothes were already shifted elsewhere. She let me tried on the shoes and was still very nice even though I decided not to get that shoe and bought nothing else. Hey! The shoe was like 200 US after 50% less for a black sneaker that was leather and suede.

Joyce Sale shop was friendly.

Marc by Marc Jacobs were very nice too and they were a bit sad when they dont have the goods I want to buy.

I lived in HK for 5 years and never had a bad experience with rude shop assistants. Sometimes in high end shops they won't greet you with a smile and won't pay attention unless you ask them something and then in most cases they would be helpful (depending on their English) and nice and I like this non-intrusive service better than friendly but pushy service in lower-end shops. But I am a gweilo though and maybe they treat us better? I will drop by Armani next time just to check out the service.

Oooo im actually after the skinny suit, sneakers and maybe MIJ 19cm...

Do they have these there? :D

I went three weeks ago. From what I saw, it seems to be a fairly comprehensive range... Probably not as complete as Tokyo might be. From what I saw:

Full range of sneakers

a lot of higher end shops in HK are like that IMO. the associates just don't think you'll drop any money so they don't bother.

i get that alot @ high end stores... Burberry, Gucci, BV, Lane Crawfords, etc, etc...

they stand there looking all smug... and keep an eye on me as if i'm goin to steal something... but when they figure out I'm gonna buy something... they all swarm over me and wanna suck my dick for the commission...

Anyone reading this thread and works as a shop assistant in HK, please take note. Especially those in Lane Crawford and such.

I don't think it's so much as rude (though there are more rude shop assistants in HK than elsewhere) but just a real lack of professionalism i.e. following shoppers like they are on parol, trying to make the sale of an item, etc.

The gweilo thing is such a retarded attitude too.

On a brighter note, Bottega Veneta in Harbour City has some of the best service I have come across in all my travels.

And interestingly, the staff in Chrome Hearts are were probably the friendliest in HK, even if you're just trying (and not even buying) a t-shirt... I figured it has something to do with such insanely exhorbitant prices, that the staff have nothing to be smug about...

Anyone reading this thread and works as a shop assistant in HK, please take note. Especially those in Lane Crawford and such.

I don't think it's so much as rude (though there are more rude shop assistants in HK than elsewhere) but just a real lack of professionalism i.e. following shoppers like they are on parol, trying to make the sale of an item, etc.

The gweilo thing is such a retarded attitude too.

On a brighter note, Bottega Veneta in Harbour City has some of the best service I have come across in all my travels.

And interestingly, the staff in Chrome Hearts are were probably the friendliest in HK, even if you're just trying (and not even buying) a t-shirt... I figured it has something to do with such insanely exhorbitant prices, that the staff have nothing to be smug about...

HI!

Where is Chrome hearts and what do they sell?

I dont detect that in Lane Crawford. In fact, they were indifferent.

I was looking for the prices on the Evisus but no one was there for me to ask (turns out they didnt attach a separate price tag but stuck it on the label that comes with the jeans).

Another time, I tried on the jeans and when I came out expecting to see the SA standing outside as SA are supposed to do when a customer tries on items, he was nowhere to be found.

Maybe I dont appear rich enough and they think I am just browsing.