cut stacked heels?

yamakazi18

so i noticed while walking through nordstrom today...that a lot of brands like boss, allen-edmonds and such have a little "chip" so to speak cut off the stacked heel. a little triangle cut on the inside of the heel. any idea why they do that? at first i thought it was chipped by accident but then i saw that all of them had it including the ones online. i know it sounds a little confusing but if you don't understand i'll try and post some pictures.

94666_450_sl.jpg

so in that picture, if u look on the top part of the heel (aka the inside of the left foot), at the heel part, there you see a little triangle cutoff of the stacked heel. thanks for the info englandmj7! is that the only reason they do it? it seems some do it and some don't, like ferragamo doesn't

94666_450_sl.jpg

so in that picture, if u look on the top part of the heel (aka the inside of the left foot), at the heel part, there you see a little triangle cutoff of the stacked heel. thanks for the info englandmj7! is that the only reason they do it? it seems some do it and some don't, like ferragamo doesn't

Yeah, that's a good question. I sort of just made my answer up since it seemed to make sense in my head............:D

But yeah, most of my dress shoes have that.

Couldn't tell you if there's any other reasons. I am sure you might get a very in-depth explanation from the folks at Styleforum.

it seems like a point that sharp made of hard stuff would poke you kinda uncomfortably so maybe they beveled it so that when handling your shoes you don't poke yourself of perhaps snag the expensive dress shirt that you're wearing. and maybe salvatore ferragamo thinks you should just be more careful.

my 2 cents

I have a pair of Aldo's which dont have the cut heel, and after about 2 months, they might as well, because it just got knawed away from walking on uneven surfaces like cobblestone or up curbs n stuff.

I guess it could be seen as a little more attention to detail if they cut it at a 45 degree angle. Just something to keep it looking civilised.