Dior Homme Shoes...quality etc

vvoc

i think im finally going to take the plunge and buy a pair of dior homme shoes after drooling over them for a long time...im really only willing to spend around $150ish though which is a problem... lol

how is the quality of dior homme shoes compared to say common projects? is it worth the inflated price tag? what is a reasonable price for dh shoes? thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and btw...i dnt want the german army sneakers, i want something more similiar to these

http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nDQAAAHoEeR1G0yfa2rtneqyUusENbOiKX3Zr61L0dPA

well..i would prefer german army trainer...

those 04 one u want are pretty similar to normal white sneaker..

i guess 150ish can't do it..the cheapest shoes from dh i have seen in my life 300 USD.

but good luck ..there are alot of similar one u can think about it...

how much are the german army sneakers? i for some reason love the pair that i posted, i think they look simple and slim, which is exactly what i am looking for... if i were to purchase another pair id consider these:

dior3ic9.jpg

but i still feel that the original pair was nicer....

also what is the sizing for dh shoes? i wear a 9 in chucks and a 10 in vans.... what size do you recommend? 43eu? thanks!

how much are the german army sneakers? i for some reason love the pair that i posted, i think they look simple and slim, which is exactly what i am looking for... if i were to purchase another pair id consider these:

dior3ic9.jpg

but i still feel that the original pair was nicer....

also what is the sizing for dh shoes? i wear a 9 in chucks and a 10 in vans.... what size do you recommend? 43eu? thanks!

These are leaps and bounds better than the first pair you posted. The first pair were basically complete shit compared to these, which still aren't even some of the better pairs I've seen.

then what are the better pairs if i may ask? the army sneakers?

If you like those first pair of shoes better than the second pair you posted, good for you. Don't let everyone here tell you what you should or should not like or buy, Your tastes are defined by you. People here supposedly pride themselves in their unique style and tastes, and you should do the same.

No offense to anyone here. Just my two cents.

i really like the second one too, but i feel the first is a lot more slim and would look nicer with skinny jeans than those...the second pair reminds me of af1's a bit... no one would have pictures of the second one worn by any chance? thanks again

That's true, but I think there's little arguing that the first pair look an awfully lot like something vastly cheaper, as England described them, Payless-Grandpa shoes. I feel like that the only thing that makes those interesting is the Bee, which is in mine, and I like to feel most Sufu's who've been here for some time, pointless branding.

Most people who come here with an open mind come away with a changed aesthetic that tends to lean more towards minimalism and a clean outfit rather than over-hyped, over-branded pieces, and I tend to worry that there's a lot of people who would buy the first piece for the Logo, and then grow to think differently about clothes and regret and extremely expensive decision.

i really like the second one too, but i feel the first is a lot more slim and would look nicer with skinny jeans than those...the second pair reminds me of af1's a bit... no one would have pictures of the second one worn by any chance? thanks again

I don't believe that either pair are all that "slim," first remind me quite a bit of SBs in profile / size. If you're looking for slim I'd advise a pair of plimsoles / vans authentics or classic boating shoes in white. All cut a slim silhouette for considerably less.

Guest jmatsu
Get Common Projects or Margiela - cheaper and nicer looking than the current Dior sneakers.

unfortunately, for mm's trainers have gone up in price. they're basically the same price as diors.

i hope ur not just buying it because it has DIOR HOMME printed on it. i find buying designer trainers quite stupid unless they are spectacular, most of the dh sneakers fom this season are really light weighted. im sure they are made well but its just a sneaker with chic leather details. dh has done some great footwear mainly in the past seasons, their sneakers are really nice cant blame u for wanting a pair, but if u really like it and cash is not a problem then get it.

i just hope u dont regret buying a 400$+ sneaker like my friend did, he doesnt wear them anymore because a) their 400$ and have suede on them and B) he now wants to sell them..

no im not buying it for just that, i am more than willing to buy a cheaper brand (adidas) if it is a similiar leather sneaker with a slim profile (no af1s or dunks)... not even stan smiths or similiars...

id actually prefer a cheaper pair because i dnt want to spend $100 plus on sneakerrs, but i honestly cant find an alternative, so i decided to get them

no im not buying it for just that, i am more than willing to buy a cheaper brand (adidas) if it is a similiar leather sneaker with a slim profile (no af1s or dunks)... not even stan smiths or similiars...

Here's a pair of Dior with a much slimmer silhouette:

img1560ns3.jpg

Here's a pair of Plimsoles that look exactly the same, $20 from Europe:

whiteplimsoles6.gif

A pair of Swears, perhaps, which will run you about $150:

http://www.swear-london.com/