TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Anyone know where syd's sends the jeans to for repair. Sydney said they used to do it themselves but not anymore.

I was under the impression that he still them. I took a pair of nudies to him a couple months ago and he said he did them but I know he expanding a lot and might not have time.. I talked to him about the tailoring ( I was getting a pair of jeans tappered) and he tells me it is all in the pinning of the jeans which he still does by appointment himself. The sewing is the easy part.

just a heads up y'all, lvc '47 501's are on sale at TNT for $119. grabbed a pair the other day. pretty decent selection of sizes.

took one of my pairs in need of repair to studio kim with some pretty specific instructions on how I would like them done. brought them a nice piece of blue line cone mills selvedge denim from white oaks and showed them exactly how i wanted the crotch re-enforced with it. i'll see tomorrow if i want to bring my skulls to them.

edit: also found out that klaxon howl can send jeans out to have jeans hemmed with a chainstitch. apparently it isn't the quickest turnaround as it's his production factory with the union special so it obviously isn't done in house. always nice to have another option though.