TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

someone better come up with a good new years jam or im gonna end up in niagara falls after midnight seeing some terrible canadian rock band like nickelback or moxie fruvus.

im for sure working the 31st, which also happens to be my birthday, but i can get out and back to toronto by 1am if theres something good worth coming back for.

bro, if moxie fruvous are playing in niagara falls, im so there with you you have no idea. ill bring the molson dry.

I'm going. Saw them tonight and I was directly against the fucking stage. I'm still in awe how amazing they were and how close I got to one of my favourite bands in existence. Born Ruffians opened and did a fantastic job aswell.

further to previous posts, i am hosting a party at dolly's place in hamilton. Nesk, you are invited, and can sleep at the foot of her bed.

i wanna spend my birthday in hamilton about as much as i wanna suck your dick... a little, but not enough to drive a half hour.

bbq got the bomb ass burgers and the koren beef sandwhich is bomb. it also has a decent poutine by toronto standards. the yorkville location is the bomb and i got maaaaaad love for the korean ladies. plus they dont jack the price up on the arizona teas. 99 cents all day.

supercontrol at the top right -> supermessages -> list supermessages

sufu4...the "reply with quote" button doesn't even work properly

thanks man. and i will try the listed things at bbq express and possibly report back with my thoughts.

also, as a fried chicken fan, I've never tried that mary brown's joint. is it good? cause popeyes is the standard place for me when i feel for something deep fried and greasy.

if you fuck with real barbeque, take a yourself and a freind to cluck grunt and low on bloor and order the farm. its like 32.99 and it could feed an orphanage. but take your own hot sauce if your a snob about that shit cause all the supply is franks, and that its kinda a disgrace to the meat.

i have yet to try mary brown's chicken but i know i will soon.. just so outta the way..

only "real bbq" i've had is phil's bbq on college & ossignton. gfunk approved, no doubt.

i like the "wet" ribs and pulled pork. ribs are a lil pricey though at $22. but the side coleslaw and pork and beans are just as good as the ribs.

wuts goin on this wknd? im thinkin DJ BENZI on friday.

I tried mary brown's today. it was decent chicken. A lot less greasy and salty than kfc or popeyes. not leaps and bounds better, but better nonetheless.

I'm huge on bbq actually,

I been to cluck grunt and low before, and had the farm. It was a lot of food, but mediocre in flavour and it was dry. Also, i really don't think beef ribs can hold up against pork ribs. The pulled pork also didn't have any sauce with it, which was kinda fucked imo.

there's this other joint called memphis bbq somewhere....can't remember, but it wasn't bad. better than cluck. Really smokey flavour to the meat.

The best bbq i've had in the GTA though are those travelling rib fests during the summer. can't go wrong. like a travelling itis circus.