I'm a late adopter; help me jump on the metallic shoes bandwagon!

Fuuma

I know Helmut Lang did them and so did Heidi Slimane and a bunch of others. Metallic fabrics were also a recurring thread in last season's collections (especially for women) but I've always been on the fence about them. It doesn't really fit my look but I now feel I would like to try to incorporate some metallic sneakers into my outfits. So fire away, I know a bunch of brands offer them. Oh and since those are not in any way a stapple for me, I'd like to hop on the bandwagon without paying too much for the ride.

Thanks

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are Adidas x Oki-Ni metallic (bronze, silver, gold) versions of the classic Antelope and Fencing, a bronze/green version of the Okapi and a silver version of the ZX700. Dunno if you can still get any of them, though. Maybe eBay.

the cheapest ride for you is going to be tracking down the metallic Converse Chuck Taylors that came out last Summer in both gold and silver.

the Supra skytop is an acquired taste, but once hooked, you will be in its grasp forever.

the gold/silver colorway is metallic'ly delicious.

Common Projects is doing metallic, but CPs aren't worth 300 to me at all.

Dries Van Noten

82369_1.jpg

haven't seen these in person yet, but

chaussergoldshoes.jpg

Gold leather shoes by Chausser ($330) are available in New York at BBlessing, 181 Orchard Street (between Houston and Stanton streets), 212-378-9528.

[refinery29.com]

now those are nice...

I've never seen this model but Chausser shoes are pretty well made and their leathers are nothing to scoff at. The american markup isn't that bad on this pair, which surprises me.

They come in silver, but no high-tops unfortunately.

Maybe keep your fingers crossed for a Marc Jacobs x Vans prison issue high in silver?

Ok, link to a place where I can buy the stan smith in silver, that might be a nice option....