Denim Society in Philadelphia?

Hahahaha. Welcome to Philadelphia.

Unrelated, since we're discussing denim in Philly I'm pretty happy to say that tomorrow and next week I'm getting two free pairs of the pumaxevisus in greencast and black for free. Probably the best deal I've ever received from a job.

what job is this and when can I start?

what job is this and when can I start?

I started today as a visual staff member with Puma. If you can get a job working on Walnut Street with a brand store, you basically get a shitload of free clothing. I got a men's carrot fit thats a long baggy waist with a tapered leg in black raw, and next week I'm hoping to pick up the green raw in slim. They filled their store quota with me and another new hire this week though. I'm still not sure how I'll like it, but free clothes are always nice.

Whats a "visual staff member"? Is that the same as merchandising? or a fancy name for sales?

Well. It's somewhere in between. I have merchandising responsibilites but it's also the store's image including mannequins, lighting, layouts, basically the way the store is set up. I haven't completely decided about how I like the job, I've done stuff like this in the past but I wasn't expected to be nearly as dependent.

The greencasts aren't selvage are they? I like the fit of the other EvisuxPumas, but I'm in the market for something selvage.

SuFu discount? :)

They're not selvage sorry! Hahaha I'd offer it out to everyone but there's a cap on how much I can spend on a discount. I'd like to wait before offering it out but maybe later on we'll discuss it.

Well. It's somewhere in between. I have merchandising responsibilites but it's also the store's image including mannequins, lighting, layouts, basically the way the store is set up. I haven't completely decided about how I like the job, I've done stuff like this in the past but I wasn't expected to be nearly as dependent.

sounds interesting enough, def sounds like it has some fringe benefits. are there a lot of corporate guidelines?

in a couple weeks I'll be 2 doors down from you

sounds interesting enough, def sounds like it has some fringe benefits. are there a lot of corporate guidelines?

in a couple weeks I'll be 2 doors down from you

There are certain guidelines as to how many shelves can be in an area, how not to place certain things, stuff like that. The issue of working with visuals becomes tough because you have to set up the basic idea of how it should look, but still manage to 'finesse' it as they call it.

Are you working at Ubiq? At first I thought they closed down but then finally saw the sign so I'm glad to hear they're not. I bought a pair of dunks from there on New Years Day it was like the only place open. Drop on in if I decide to keep the job and if not, can I have a job?

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the recs in this thread I checked out Deep Sleep today and was impressed with their collection of Sugar Canes. I think I'll pick up a pair of the 47 repros when I get graduation money.