Baseball Talk

kiya

are you joe morgan? seems your predictions are a bit off.

sox are going to dominate the rays, this should be a quick series. i'm dying to see the sox and the cubs in the world series, as much as I hate cubs fans (I live on the north side) I'd love to see them get to the WS and then royally blow it :)

Angels better bounce back tonight. Even if we gave Matsuzaka one of his three losses, he's been on point to end the season. Our bats need to wake up. Oh, and lose Gary Matthews Jr, seriously.

I have very little confidence in Matsuzaka. He walks way too many batters and throws too many pitches per inning. His 18 wins and good ERA are poor indicators of his performance this season.

Still if he can keep his pitch total and walks down, I like the Sox chances tonight.

The key is to get an early lead to give Matsuzaka some breathing room and keep the Angels bullpen at bay.

And I'm not agreeing with Francona's decision to start JD Drew. He looks very uncomfortable at the plate and his timing is all off. I think he should have gone (or go) with Crisp or Kotsay. Kotsay had been hitting fairly well at the end of the regular season. If Drew gets more comfortable at the plate, then I guess it's the right move to go with him. I just don't like the idea of sending a guy out there to find his swing in the middle of the playoffs.

Kotsay has good numbers against Santana, but I think that Drew needs some playing time, I dont think he hurts the lineup when he's in it and if he gets his timing back anytime soon he will be huge. Tito plays different ball in the post season, if we're down and Drew is lost, Kotsay will be playing.

I have a bit more confidence in Matsuzaka tonight, I think the fact that he's loaded the bases 14 times this season and hitters are 0 for 14 with those bases loaded shows that he is best when the pressure is on, I think he will be fine. Either way, Beckett apparently looked fine in his session yesterday, game 3 is pretty much a sure thing.

Kotsay has good numbers against Santana, but I think that Drew needs some playing time, I dont think he hurts the lineup when he's in it and if he gets his timing back anytime soon he will be huge. Tito plays different ball in the post season, if we're down and Drew is lost, Kotsay will be playing.

I have a bit more confidence in Matsuzaka tonight, I think the fact that he's loaded the bases 14 times this season and hitters are 0 for 14 with those bases loaded shows that he is best when the pressure is on, I think he will be fine. Either way, Beckett apparently looked fine in his session yesterday, game 3 is pretty much a sure thing.

I agree that you're a better team with a healthy Drew, but it's tough to be getting your first swings during the playoffs after a prolonged absence. I have a lot of faith in Tito as a manager. I think he does a great job, but if he has a fault it's that he is too loyal to his players. I hope he's not going with Drew just because he feels he owes it to him. You gotta put your best players out there on any given night. I hope he thinks that putting Drew out there over Kotsay or Crisp helps the team out overall even if that means Drew not finding his stroke for a game or two. It's a tough situation I guess. If you're a player like Drew is and you're healthy enough to play, I guess you gotta be in there.

As far as Matsuzaka goes, I guess I have a bit of nervous anticipation. I know he's gotten out of a lot of jams this season, and you could say that he's good under pressure. But you could also look at like, he's gotten out of bases loaded jams unscathed 14 times this season, when's he finally gonna crack?

He's got good stuff undoubtedly. I just hope that the Angels hitters aren't too patient with him. If they start taking pitches and he racks up high pitch counts it could be a short night for him and a long night for the pen. That in itself might not be a bad thing as they only worked 2 innings last game and had a day off yesterday. If Matsuzaka can pitch into the 6th, then I think we'll be ok.

espn reports bobby valentine would be interested in a return to the mets. please god please!

fuck jerry manuel.

That's interesting because ive heard that they are having a problem resigning Manuel. I thought the Mariners would try to sign Valentine (I think his wife lives in Seattle now cause it's easy for her to get to Japan).

The Mets are so fucking dumb. They should have fired Randolph at the end of last season first thing then hired Torre out from under the Yankees - he would have done it too I think.

They do some strange shit, I wouldnt have resigned Manya before the playoffs, make him sweat a bit...

fucking great call on houston street.i owe you a +rep.

krod's WHIP sucks and closers have shorter shelf lives than running backs.

please no derek lowe. will be an estes level fail. would give a ball for peavy. maybe a pinky toe.

fernando martinez, sign and trade perez for peavy.

street?? really. i think he would be the second coming of looper but hurt more often

f rod had his career year obviously and it can only be downhill from here...he's losing his fastball every year but he's got a pretty nasty change now...

isnt wood a free agent?

and the mets should sign brad penny and make him a closer

you see that all-star game where all he had to do was pitch one inning and went all out? i think he struck out the side...he would be a good closer.......

peavy would be amazing

Game 3 for both of the NLDS. They could both end tonight if the NL central doesnt wake up.

Dodgers vs. Cubs, Im a bit worried about Kurodas ZERO postseason starts in professional baseball. Harden can be a good pitcher but tremendous pressure on him to win tonight. I think its a toss-up as to if either of the pitchers fucks up tonight. Dodgers have had better offense thus far so Cubbies have the disadvantage.

You can bet that Dodgers Stadium will be electrifying tonight. Im hoping they sweep so I can enjoy the celebration in person.

Brewers vs. Phillies, I see the brewers as a lost cause. Expect the phils to complete a sweep tonight.

04sox_650.jpg

“Yeah, absolutely. I thought at some point I was going to have shut it down and just watch the team through the playoffs,†Drew said. “It was nice to be out there and participate. Trying to get everything into playing shape while you’re in the playoffs isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it’s working out and my legs are coming back underneath me and I’m trying to grind out at-bats, play good defense, and see what happens.â€

:cool:

I think Manuel handles the team and media well, but Valentine back could keep the fans happy.

They need to try to sign Derek Lowe and if possible Peavy. Skip Krod and try to get Houston Street from the A's.

I'd honestly pass on Street and give Shields a chance. He's been the Angels set-up bitch for the Angels for forever when teams would KILL to have him in the closer spot. For $14 mil a year, I'd pass on K-Rod, move Arradando (sp?) to set-up, and Shields to closer, and sign another lefty and 6-7th inning man.

Deliver To:

Hawkeye

Delivery Method: Priority Mail

Your tickets will be mailed to you (via Priority Mail) no later than a week before your game.

NOTE: All amounts for this event are in US Dollars ($)

Your confirmation number is: RSPS - xxxxxxxxxxx

----------------------------------------------------------

The tickets you have purchased are:

League Series Home Game 2

Tuesday, 10/14/08

at Time is TBD

1st Base Standing Room

Section Row Seat Price Type

SRL1B 2 61 $40.00 WEB/PHN

General Admission-NO SEAT

SRL1B 2 62 $40.00 WEB/PHN

Total Convenience Fee for 2 seats $14.00

Price for 2 seats $94.00

Subtotal: $94.00

Order Processing: $15.00

Total: $109.00

I didn't tell anyone that I got tickets cause I didn't want to jinx them! Game 4, cant fucking wait!

Awesome. How did you get tickets?! Did you just call in or do you have some special hook up?

Deliver To:

Hawkeye

Delivery Method: Priority Mail

Your tickets will be mailed to you (via Priority Mail) no later than a week before your game.

NOTE: All amounts for this event are in US Dollars ($)

Your confirmation number is: RSPS - xxxxxxxxxxx

The tickets you have purchased are:

League Series Home Game 2

Tuesday, 10/14/08

at Time is TBD

1st Base Standing Room

Section Row Seat Price Type

SRL1B 2 61 $40.00 WEB/PHN

SRL1B 2 62 $40.00 WEB/PHN

Total Convenience Fee for 2 seats $14.00

Price for 2 seats $94.00

Subtotal: $94.00

Order Processing: $15.00

Total: $109.00

I didn't tell anyone that I got tickets cause I didn't want to jinx them! Game 4, cant fucking wait!