puma x evisu - GreenCast new denim

truest

Even with this, I still don't trust Evisu's quality in the US. Last time I felt Evisu's jeans for the US, it just felt so damn thin and soft. But, they were hell of more cheaper (price). I could be wrong about the Puma x Evisu line though, as I havn't handled those yet. So far these look nice. The yoke looks a bit different as well.

I actually recently just got a job with Puma at their store in Philadelphia and I did some looking around for product knowledge sake. Waiting for my interview it looked like I saw a few of the employees wearing them but I couldn't find them on the floor. They're being introduced for spring so I don't know how much longer they'll wait. I've seen the original fits and washes in the store and wasn't impressed so I hope these are better. At any rate, I'll be starting there soon so I'll let you guys know what I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of the raw straightleg greencast in 32x34 if anyone wants it. It's nice, but I don't need anymore raw denim right now. Hit me with a PM if you want it.

I also have a medium wash of the regular (not green) in 32x34. I'll probably post a supermarket thread, but for now hit me up if you're interested.

I have a pair of the original evisu x puma and they are some of my favorite jeans. I know they aren't anything special when it comes to other denim that is talked about on this forum, but I love them. The fit, texture, and everything is perfect. I love the yoke on them. They sit low and are a very boxy square cut jean on me. They are awesome. I have yet to find anything that fits me better. Not too many brands have a yoke like that. I am looking into some nudie RRDS because they look like they have a similar yoke.

Where can I get an OG pair? There is a Puma store down the street but I havent checked them out. I'll go down tomorrow. If they dont have them though, any other suggestions?

Where can I get an OG pair? There is a Puma store down the street but I havent checked them out. I'll go down tomorrow. If they dont have them though, any other suggestions?

They're beginning to trickle into stores throughout the country. A store outside of DC had them in a select few fits and sizes, while the Georgetown store didn't have any. The Philadelphia store is supposed to get them in by this Wednesday if they didn't come already. The waiting game is all you can really do to buy a brand new pair, or go through someone on here or the like.

I dont want the new ones...well I do, but I was asking about the first editions.

Most of the puma stores have them? Or purchase them at puma.com? They have everything but the slim fit online last time I checked. My store has a larger stock in the back than what they have out on the floor so it can't hurt to ask instore either.

so from my understanding, the 'rigid' pair is the same denim as the original puma evisu rigid, minus all the fancy details?

Well, if you mean the popper or whatever on the watch pocket, that's still there. Along with the uh, interchangeable fly thing. And the greencast is the same quality denim, but there's a greenish blue hue to it. http://denim.puma.com if you want to take a look at the details for yourself.

I really hate to post twice in a row in here, but I just found out some stuff on the new greencast since we got them in at my store.

Currently, we along with most other stores have only gotten in the men's regular and bootcut. Both of which are much too baggy for me. The rigid in this case is the exact opposite. It seems that it's a one wash type situation and is very flimsy. The second thing is that while the loose supposedly will come in a 28x32, the smallest the slim fit will come in is a 30x32 or 32x34. The size/fit combinations don't do shit for me so I'll be in This or That debating if anyone wants to put in input.

• 4 weeks later...

I checked them out yesterday, they were $170 and imo didn't seem that special. I asked an employee if any of the evisu jeans were selvage and then I had to explain to the dude what selvage was...

All in all, they looked nice, but for a little more you could have Canes, SDA or any of a handful of Japanese specialty brands. So they don't really seem worth it to me considering all the other viable options in selvage

All of the pumaXevisu stuff I've tried on and felt in the puma store here has been absolutely terrible. Some of the cuts were alright at best, the denim was far worse than any of the Gap's comparably (or cheaper) priced stuff. For the money you could really do much better.

of course these could be completely different, but there's no reason to think so . . .

I checked them out yesterday, they were $170 and imo didn't seem that special. I asked an employee if any of the evisu jeans were selvage and then I had to explain to the dude what selvage was...

Nobody knows what selvage is, dont sweat it.

I tried them on and the fit was meh and the denim is really thin. Not worth the $170 at all. They sorta felt like GAP jeans. I almost tried on the womens for a slimmer fit...but I couldnt bring myself to do it.

Nobody knows what selvage is, dont sweat it.

I tried them on and the fit was meh and the denim is really thin. Not worth the $170 at all. They sorta felt like GAP jeans. I almost tried on the womens for a slimmer fit...but I couldnt bring myself to do it.

At my brief time of being employed with them all the guys that wore slim jeans wore womens skinny long. It was the general consensus that it was the brands best slim fit.

^^ lol didn't last very long there huh? :P

I would say that gap selvage denim is thicker than these, the fit in the gough and morrisons are better too, its just that the quality of construction is likely lacking. Yeah I didn't even try them on because I knew for how much the jeans cost with the flimsy denim I wasn't going to buy them anyway.