Surface to Air sizing

Uber_Mod

Guest blackbird

If you are talking about the New York collection, then I'd say that both the t-shirts and hoodies are cut the same. As for Paris, I'd go up a size in hoodies and t-shirts but not in jumpers as their knits are rather forgiving.

Edit ^^^^^: Blackbird says go up a size so he means if you wear small get a medium in the Paris collection. I think you misunderstood him.

I have a S2A Paris shirt in small that fits like a medium. Whereas my S2A Black Label shirts fit perfectly true to size. Comparing the hoodies I'd say they were similar but I've only owned one and it was from a few seasons back - don't have much experience with their other knits though.

Edit ^^^^^: Blackbird says go up a size so he means if you wear small get a medium in the Paris collection. I think you misunderstood him.

no i understood him. well thing is i have two paris shirts, the mon ami one in size small and xs. i got the small intiailly but it was too big so i purchased the xs, which doesnt fit my shoulders right but fits my chest fine.

i got black label in small this season and it fits perfect, spot on.

so i usually size down in paris, wear my normal size in black label. (this is just based on my experiences this season and last).

i think there was a lengthy discussion about this a few months ago. s2a used americal apparel shirts for awhile and different cut and sew versions. i would just try it on before you buy it.

the op is probably referring to black label which is the only one i have seen available online. get that in your true size. you wont be dissapointed.

Guest jmatsu
are you sure about paris? paris shirts are HUGE in my experience (i tried it on at barneys this season and have 2 pairs shirts from last). i wear xs when i normally wear s.

not so anymore. the paris collection's tees have significantly been smaller after around the 3rd season.

i have an older model one that's on an AA tee (i heard AA does cut'n'sew for brands, though)

i have a paris t from this past a/w season that fits pretty much like an AA med, maybe a slightly bigger, but not by much.

i also have a black label t from last summer, and it's a completely different material from the other two. a much stretchier cotton and fits boxier and shorter. i like the print on it but the fit is off imo.

i just saw that jacket and they still have size M

It says they have it, but when you go to check out it says "this item is no longer available"

What was the reasoning on that one, England?

Well, in certain brands (on a very rare occasion) I might wear an XL (Hare, etc.). I REALLY wanted an MA-1 like that so I figured I may as well try it. If it doesn't fit, I could probably sell it for about $100, or return it to Yoox for a refund anyway.

It says they have it, but when you go to check out it says "this item is no longer available"

Well, in certain brands (on a very rare occasion) I might wear an XL (Hare, etc.). I REALLY wanted an MA-1 like that so I figured I may as well try it. If it doesn't fit, I could probably sell it for about $100, or return it to Yoox for a refund anyway.

um yeah that would be cos' of me, I saw that jacket and had to have it.. I take M in most things except Gap stuff I size down to small, if its doesn't fit me expect to see it on supermarket soon. Is the Surface To Air stuff on yoox the American or Paris stuff.. confused on that ?

Anyone have a jacket or sweater by them? I ordered an XL jacket of theirs off of Yoox and have no idea what to expect. I have a 38" chest and usually wear a M-L in jackets. Is this going to be absurdly enormous?

its probably going to be a bit big, i believe they are pretty much true to size, i gots a jacket and a zipper (hoodie) in medium (ny collection), the size i usually wear..but yea, like the last guy asked, is it ny or paris?not sure what they use.

um yeah that would be cos' of me, I saw that jacket and had to have it.. I take M in most things except Gap stuff I size down to small, if its doesn't fit me expect to see it on supermarket soon. Is the Surface To Air stuff on yoox the American or Paris stuff.. confused on that ?

Yeah, the description was pretty vague.......didn't mention if it was Paris or not. Anyway, if it doesn't fit you, feel free to PM me with the first offer before you throw it up on Supermarket.....:D

its probably going to be a bit big, i believe they are pretty much true to size, i gots a jacket and a zipper (hoodie) in medium (ny collection), the size i usually wear..but yea, like the last guy asked, is it ny or paris?not sure what they use.

That's what I figured. I was being hopeful, I know. Most of the MA-1s that I've tried before fit a little on the short/small side as that is the cut of the traditional military MA-1. Figured I'd give it a shot. We'll see I guess.........:rolleyes:

If any of you who grabbed a medium S2A MA-1 in the olive color need to size down to a small, I'm ready to do a straight-up trade.

It'd be nice if you could chime in considering you got one. True to size small, or smaller than you expected? Does it say "Surface 2 Air Paris" on the tag or just "Surface 2 Air"?

:D

Meant to and forgot. It's S2A Paris, so this is (should be?) a Nicolas Taralis-designed piece. It fits slim through the body and sleeves, a more tailored version of a traditional MA-1. IIRC, it looks like a generous cut on Yoox. It's not, especially if you take it in your normal size.

If you're generally a large, England, your XL might be just fine. I take smalls in most everything, and this jacket is a bit tight in the shoulders. Even if it's a couple sizes too big, my guess is you'll be able to wear it as a more traditional MA-1 -- you shouldn't be drowning in it, at any rate.

edited to add: I grabbed my small at 130, not this deep discount. If it means anything, I still consider it a good value at that price -- which makes it a fuckin' steal at yours.

Meant to and forgot. It's S2A Paris, so this is (should be?) a Nicolas Taralis-designed piece. It fits slim through the body and sleeves, a more tailored version of a traditional MA-1. IIRC, it looks like a generous cut on Yoox. It's not, especially if you take it in your normal size.

If you're generally a large, England, your XL might be just fine. I take smalls in most everything, and this jacket is a bit tight in the shoulders. Even if it's a couple sizes too big, my guess is you'll be able to wear it as a more traditional MA-1 -- you shouldn't be drowning in it, at any rate.

Awesome! You have saved me several nightmare-filled sleeps. :D

• 6 months later...
are you sure about paris? paris shirts are HUGE in my experience (i tried it on at barneys this season and have 2 pairs shirts from last). i wear xs when i normally wear s.
Here are the measurements from a t-shirt bought in Paris from last year (M):

Shoulder to shoulder: 43cm

Armpit to armpit: 50cm

Neck to bottom: 70cm

the model here, http://newdandyism.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=6783&pfid=NDD00084, is 5'10" and about 150lbs. and he is wearing small in all the S2A Paris pics. this should give you a good idea on how it might fit you. i can give you exact measurements if you like as well...

• 4 weeks later...
Bumping...

What about longer coats by S2A Paris? True to size? If I wear a Medium in almost everything (except some Uniqlo I go down to a Small), should that be good, or do I size up to a Large?

Thanks.

Size down. I picked up the trench (http://www.surface2airparis.com/store/retail/market/item-331.html#) a couple weeks ago, I'm 6' 3" with 17" shoulders and a 38" chest and the Small fits like a glove. I'll post some measurements and maybe fit pics later, and active endeavors has measurements for the M.

It's really bizarre though, I don't know why the small has such long arms and broad shoulders. If anything the length is an inch or so shorter than the S2A model, which may or may not be an issue for you, but I layer over a hoodie and the fit is still amazing. The active endeavors model seems to be wearing at least a size too big, as evident in the chest and shoulders, which might make sense for a traditional trench coat, but since this is 100% wool I think it's meant to be worn much more fitted. Unless you want to do some crazy layering or just have extra long arms and traditional trench length, sizing down would probably be advisable.

Anyway, not sure about their other long coats, but hopefully that will help a bit.

Edit: Just took some measurements - 17.5" shoulders, 21" chest, 26" sleeves, 40" length.