Addictions

Bandwagonesque

Taro Boba trumps all.

As much as I get boba, I've never tried it; whats it taste like? My favorite is rose tea.

I am weary to try boba I am not familiar with since last time I ordered a "white pudding boba" or something like that, it literally had enormous blocks of pudding in it that broke up and slurped through the straw like I was sucking up thick snot........meh.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Boba just another word for bubble tea, or for the pearls themselves? I love the pearls... a lot of people don't though, not because of the flavour, but the texture. Which is kind of odd, since it's usually texture that turns me off of most foods, not the taste (coriander/cilantro and lychee not included). Or maybe I just love having chewy balls in my mouth... (no homo).

boba.fett.jpg

Over-consumption of lychees is reported to lead to dry lips, nosebleeds, pimples, and mouth ulcers. There have also been reports on Chinese language newspapers on people being sent to hospital for violent nosebleed and/or coughing up blood because of overconsumption of Lychee.

Watch it, england!

Is Boba just another word for bubble tea, or for the pearls themselves? I love the pearls... a lot of people don't though, not because of the flavour, but the texture. Which is kind of odd, since it's usually texture that turns me off of most foods, not the taste (coriander/cilantro and lychee not included). Or maybe I just love having chewy balls in my mouth... (no homo).

boba.fett.jpg

Boba = Bubble tea

But yeah, I also call the 'pearls' boba too. I'll order a "Peach green tea with boba" and they'll know what I'm talking about. Not sure which is technically correct; and their probably laughing at my falung ass.

In other news, I drink peach green tea. Could I be any gayer?

Thailand import Red Bull

The non-carbonated medicine bottle kind?

4br5ilg.jpg

Where do you get it in the U.S.?

Funny facts:

- In Thailand, Red Bull is about $0.25, compared to $2.50 here :rolleyes:

- The Thai government requires energy drinks with a caffeine content above a certain amount to be put in 'medicine-like' glass bottles

- Red Bull doesn't disclose the manufacturing cost of their drink, even to the majority of their own employees (very few people within the organization are privy to this info.)

is the thailand red bull >>>> USA red bull that's like 2.99 a can

There are a few different kinds in Thailand. There is "Red Bull Extra" which is in a silver can, and is carbonated, I believe, as well as two Red Bulls that come in the medicine bottles which are uncarbonated and taste very much like medicine (maybe it's partially a mental connection, with the bottle and all).

I don't like any of them that much, but for a quick caffeine fix, they are good enough (and cheap). The average Thai person isn't going to pay $2.99 for a can of soda.......unless it is the imported version, I don't feel that any of the Thai Red Bulls taste like the regular Red Bull.

Many people are unaware that Red Bull actually originated in Thailand:

The original Red Bull drink was developed in 1962 by Chaleo Yoovidhya, a Thai businessman, and sold under the name Krating Daeng (กระทิงแดง, Thai for Red Bull) by the company TC Pharmaceutical.[1] The recipe was based on Lipovitan, an earlier energy drink that had been introduced to Thailand from Japan. Krating Daeng sales soared across Asia in the 1970s and 1980s, especially among truck drivers, construction workers and farmers. The working class image was boosted by sponsorship of Thai boxing matches, where the logo of two red bulls charging each other was often on display.

The Thai product was transformed into a global brand by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur. Mateschitz was international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[2] Between 1984 and 1987, Mateschitz worked with TC Pharmaceutical (a Blendax licensee) to adapt Krating Daeng for European audiences.

The non-carbonated medicine bottle kind?

4br5ilg.jpg

Where do you get it in the U.S.?

Funny facts:

- In Thailand, Red Bull is about $0.25, compared to $2.50 here :rolleyes:

- The Thai government requires energy drinks with a caffeine content above a certain amount to be put in 'medicine-like' glass bottles

- Red Bull doesn't disclose the manufacturing cost of their drink, even to the majority of their own employees (very few people within the organization are privy to this info.)

I don't live in the US, but yeah that's the kind. I heard it was banned in the US but that might just be rumours.

I get it from the convienence store up the road from my house, it's the only place that seems to have it these days :(

One more thing, I love green tea flavored food. Including mooncake with the green tea sugary skin and Vitasoy flavored with green tea.

i saw green tea flavored condom in china