Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

This moment changed my life forever.....

paladin4ch6.jpg

As far as final fantasy is concerned:

whatever palom porom twin was a girl<Rosa<Yuna<Aeris<Terra<Garnet<Tifa<Rydia<Quistis?

Oh shit, I forgot Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

I certainly didn't forget to just keep casting cure on the dark king over and over. ;)

Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals had bad ass graphics... so awesome... but the dungeons tired me out.

Yeah man, I actually have the cartridge up in my school dorm with me. I plan on beating it again before May comes around.

are you talking about syndicate by bullfrog?

that game rocked, especially using the persuadatron on people.

Oh man, I used to love this game too. My cousins had it for Panasonic 3DO, and I was hooked instantly, I have a couple friends that are still obsessed with this game and use it as their Halo clan name.

Oh shit, I forgot Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

I never played through this game before either. I almost got it for my birthday when I was turning 7, but instead chose Super Double Dragon, which is still one of my favorite video games of all time.

What the hell was that one RPG for the N64? You were like a kid or something and you could use magic. I feel like the first big deal was like a bandit in the woods.

Oh fuck.. yeah.. I remember that. It was really good as far as I remember.

It was called Quest 64. ( http://www.gamespot.com/n64/rpg/quest64/ )

HAHAHAH QUEST! You had a tiara headband and a wand. Cute... but it was more adventure w/ mixed rpg... done poorly I might add.

Musashi (for PSone) was super doper than Quest64.... I'd pass out at levels ... hella lampin' and asleep in front of enemies to regain health.

HAHAHAH QUEST! You had a tiara headband and a wand. Cute... but it was more adventure w/ mixed rpg... done poorly I might add.

Musashi (for PSone) was super doper than Quest64.... I'd pass out at levels ... hella lampin' and asleep in front of enemies to regain health.

Hahaha, I can't believe anyone else knew what I was talking about!

I was like miniscule when I played that game (Quest), I didn't even own a Playstation then. "Brave Fencer Musashi" or whatever was amazing! Probably one of my favorite games ever, screw RPGs.

Didn't they make a sequel for the PS2? Was it any good?

edit: I also instantly judge people who are crazy in love with FFVII. I have negative respect for them as RPG fans as soon as they say that. It was alright and everything, but i think people just liked the big sword, gun arm and tifa. I mean, we could all use a little tifa in our lives(by lives i mean pants).

No, we like it cause the story was one of the best of the series and the setting was possibly the best.

I cant stand these victorian-esque-low-tech-steampowered worlds that modern RPG's are doing lately. FF7 was cyber-punk and shadowy. I havent seen an RPG as atmospheric.

http://na.square-enix.com/games/MUSASHI2/

If this is any indication... Square-Enix really fucks things up.

Oh yeah... Musashi had the best fucking voice overs... period. I was loving that shit... kept me into it the whole time (from what I can remember.)

http://na.square-enix.com/games/MUSASHI2/

If this is any indication... Square-Enix really fucks things up.

Oh yeah... Musashi had the best fucking voice overs... period. I was loving that shit... kept me into it the whole time (from what I can remember.)

Ugh. I saw the opening page and just closed it. I don't even want to know.

No, we like it cause the story was one of the best of the series and the setting was possibly the best.

I cant stand these victorian-esque-low-tech-steampowered worlds that modern RPG's are doing lately. FF7 was cyber-punk and shadowy. I havent seen an RPG as atmospheric.

I can dig the setting, but I don't know, I don't agree that it had the best story. I think there were many other Final Fantasies that had better stories. 7 was pretty straight forward, and the characters were way too stereotyped.

It's cause they are jumping on the classic Final Fantasy steez of yesteryear.

Something about that great depression era of FFIII really got me in that mood. I empathized for the characters and the confusion they experienced as they rallied together to rebel.

Stupid purple octopus monster...ugh.

I dont mind that, no. But I prefer a cyber-punk style futuristic setting, like for instance; blade runner.

I havent seen a decent one since FF7.

Oh I forgot another game that should be in here: Suikoden. Now that game was epic. There were 101 characters or some shit, multiple endings, you had a fortress...

I still need to jump on suikoden... I was roaming ebay when it first came out... I guess I'm too frugal to buy RPGs now...

I still need to finish FFXII!!!!!!! :mad:

Suikoden: I could not handle that game.

Why not? It's really fun once you get past the generic graphics and setting.

Was I the only one who thought that FFXII was really not good? The plot was just barely there.

I stopped on Final Fantasy IX, it was the last unique FF as far as I'm concerned...

FFXII was the all chick one right?

Was I the only one who thought that FFXII was really not good? The plot was just barely there.

I think that's why when I first bought it I stayed up for 20 hours ploughing through that bitch.

Then I turned off the console and I haven't touched it since.

Stupid purple octopus monster...ugh.

That fucker was hard!! I believe it was called the Kraken?

Anyway FF6 I loved and I agree that these earlier titles had strong stories. I think because the shift in visuals from 6 to 7 was so big thats what gives FF7 such a lasting memory.