Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

16 bit RPGs will never bore me, I always find myself checking for older games I've never played instead of trying to see what's coming out recently.

Anyway .. these are my favorite RPGs:

1. Shining Force 2

2. Phantasy Star IV

3. Super Mario RPG

4. Chrono Trigger

5. Final Fantasy 6

oh man, I was waiting for a thread like this

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Xenogears

3. Original NES Zelda

4. Secret of Mana

5. Final Fantasy 7 and 10

I couldn't stand Mario RPG btw... for some reason it was too frustrating for me.

And I agree with new RPG's I hardly pay any attention. I think my RPG interest waned after Chrono Trigger, which I thought was the standard/pinnacle of RPG's imo.

Nice list. That's funny ... I found Super Mario RPG one of the easier games to play through, and I'm easily frustrated when a game is giving me some difficulty.

I have to admit I have never completed Xenogears. I had the chance to buy it for PSX at a good price years ago and didn't scoop it.

I've been trying to download an emulator and rom for it for a long time now but have been having problems getting it (especially now that I'm on a Mac).

Pfffff...console RPGs are shit....no particular order (PC)

1. Mega Traveller 1 & 2

2. Ultima 7 + Serpents Isle / Ultima Online

3. Wizardry Series (Specifically 8)

4. Wasteland / Fallout 1&2

5. Oblivion

I have to admit I have never completed Xenogears. I had the chance to buy it for PSX at a good price years ago and didn't scoop it.

I've been trying to download an emulator and rom for it for a long time now but have been having problems getting it (especially now that I'm on a Mac).

Do me a favor, complete Xenogears! I admit too, I was stuck at one point (super hard boss named Id - why I still remember this is beyond me). I left the game for about two months. Finally went back to it, got past that point, and the storyline blew up one of the best that I've ever experienced. Highly recommend it.

1. Mega Traveller 1 & 2

5. Oblivion

Fallout 1 & 2 were great.

How'd you like Oblivion? My bro just picked it up.

nice, my kind of superlist

1. Final Fantasy 6

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Final Fantasy 8

4. Final Fantasy 7

5. Final Fantasy 4

Secret of Mana deserves to be in there too. for real though, Square x SNES was untouchable, those will forever be my favorite RPGs. Didnt have as much time to play RPG's anymore after they started coming out on PS2. Currently playing FF6 again on the DS though, having this game portable is fucking awesome.

final-fantasy-vi.jpg

1. Mega Traveller 1 & 2

5. Oblivion

YES! PC RPGS ROCK! do you remember lands of lore, betrayal at krondor, ultima viii: pagan, might & magic, etc? i miss old pc rpgs.

mine are, also in no particular order:

1) quest for glory series

2) betrayal at krondor

3) ultima underworld

4) lands of lore

5) return to zork

nice, my kind of superlist

1. Final Fantasy 6

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Final Fantasy 8

4. Final Fantasy 7

5. Final Fantasy 6

Secret of Mana deserves to be in there too. for real though, Square x SNES was untouchable, those will forever be my favorite RPGs. Didnt have as much time to play RPG's anymore after they started coming out on PS2. Currently playing FF6 again on the DS though, having this game portable is fucking awesome.

I love the art of Final Fantasy, their storyboard/character designs are just beautiful.

I agree on the Square X SNES juggernaut... they used to make the best rpg's. I am looking for an emulator or two to play the old games.

I love the art of Final Fantasy, their storyboard/character designs are just beautiful.

I agree on the Square X SNES juggernaut... they used to make the best rpg's. I am looking for an emulator or two to play the old games.

What games are you looking for? I have a couple sites bookmarked with a load of SNES RPGs. I just got a translated version of Square's Front Mission (Originally only on Super Famicom), and have been fiending on it the past couple of weeks. Great game.

Baldur's Gate

Neverwinter Nights

FF 6, 7 and Tactics

Fallot

I remembered playing Lands of Lore 3 and Betrayal at Krondor. (Gambit of Eight were so good. I wish they made Tomas playable)

lets procreate and our children will create the greatest rpg ever

cause thats a damn near perfect list you have there

1. baldurs gate

2. ff4

3. ff6

4. ff7

5. baldurs gate 2

and icewind dale/ff9-8-10/fallouts can be thrown in there somehwere after that.