Drum N Bass

5000 people at a dnb gig. who woulda thunk it? dnb is pretty fucking massive here.

Eh, that's fairly regular here. Fabric is 5000 capacity, and if there's a big setlist on (which there almost always is), it'll get rammed out.

Best setlist I saw oddly was at this festival in Bristol around 2002... there was about 5 tents, including one entirely full of Warp artists and one which had Orbital and Busta Rhymes playing, but the dnb tent which was only a couple of thousand heads big at the most had, Ed Rush, Kenny Ken, Randall, Adam F, Andy C, Fabio&Grooverider b2b and Roni Size closing. Twas quite simply fucking stupid.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

witts - normally a whole set of wobble will just piss me off....but that set has me bouncin' in my chair! nice one.

mass - noisia obviously draw a lot of inspiration from konflict, but i dare say that theyve progressed beyond that and have definitely evolved into a group with their own sound. their tunes are definitely more intricate than those of konflict, and they are showing they can do amazing shit across the board. their breaks/house/techy/hiphop/electro tunes are all huge aswell.

Eh, that's fairly regular here. Fabric is 5000 capacity, and if there's a big setlist on (which there almost always is), it'll get rammed out.

Best setlist I saw oddly was at this festival in Bristol around 2002... there was about 5 tents, including one entirely full of Warp artists and one which had Orbital and Busta Rhymes playing, but the dnb tent which was only a couple of thousand heads big at the most had, Ed Rush, Kenny Ken, Randall, Adam F, Andy C, Fabio&Grooverider b2b and Roni Size closing. Twas quite simply fucking stupid.

yeah i know that dude - but london is the home of dnb, where it originated etc. dnb tunes hit the charts there not all that infrequently. 5000 people in a field an hours drive from the most isolated city in the world, a city with a population of less than 1.5 million? pretty huge if you ask me.

fabric is great for the sheer number of amazing acts on any given night, but ive always been disappointed going there (or any of the bigger events in the uk) and watching each DJ play an hour set. not enough time to take the set anywhere, and the same shit tends to get rinsed out all the time.

that lineup in bristol sounds fucking amazing. a whole tent devoted to warp?!? droolworthy stuff. im looking forward to seeing friction, the upbeats, spor & ewun here pretty soon. big bud for free tomorrow night aswell, may have to hit that up!

yeah i know that dude - but london is the home of dnb, where it originated etc. dnb tunes hit the charts there not all that infrequently. 5000 people in a field an hours drive from the most isolated city in the world, a city with a population of less than 1.5 million? pretty huge if you ask me.

Lies, London might be the home now but it's hardly where it originated. Bristol used to fucking kill it in terms of the artists it produced, and up until a few years back when the great nights like Mutiny (which I believe was packing an 80,000 watt or so system) started shutting down it still gave London a run for it's money.

I totally agree on the hour sets though... two hour sets are where it's at for sure. Some DJs are just lazy shits though. Every time I've heard Roni Size lately all he's done is mix raw twostep and bass tunes together for an hour, which loses it's fun pretty damn quickly. On the other hand, give a DJ like Andy C even half an hour and he'll pull some astounding shit out of the bag, which combined with his ability to read the mood of the crowd is probably why he's regarded as the best DJ in the world, and why Roni Size should just stick to producing.

Eh, the scene is pretty dead in most parts nowadays. Obviously London is still big, Leeds seems to be going strong but Bristol is slowly dwindling away. Brighton would be great in theory, but there's only a couple of decent dnb venues, the others being rock venues which, whilst great for metal and hardcore shows suck large amounts of balls for dnb. Of the two good venues, one is 2000 capacity and only books the biggest shows, and the other books so many shows that you never know whether 400 or 40 people are going to turn up all night. Within two months, one London Electricity set rammed the place out, then two months later we turned up and there was a mammoth 15 people in the room by 11pm.

i cant decide whether to go london friday for truplayaz fabric.. big line up but i dont know if i wana spend the money when theres a free party in birmz on saturday.

and i might just go london on saturday cause hideout are getting all their supreme in.... dammm dnb or supreme????

there was a college station by my house that played dope dnb/jungle at 2-5 am on tuesdays.. i never caught the names of most of the artists though (i always fell asleep by the time he said them) but i guess it was whoever was dope around 96-98

guess i found the sufu dnb headz. i've been in it since 95. started spinning in 96 and still do to this day. currently into:

viscious circle

state of mind

teebee

klute

mav

demo

current value

corrupt souls

desimal (r.i,p)

hive

gridlock

phace

mindscape

N.phect

Black Sun Empire

tech itch

Being from Bristol, which was the ultimate dnb city in the 90s, it kinda runs in the blood. Personal favourites over the years include Technical Itch, Dom&Roland, Photek and Leon Switch, or pretty much everything ever released on Moving Shadow, Commercial Suicide, Violence etc.
Yes please.
Also, is anyone else seriously fucking bored of people talking about Pendulum? 03-04 noone knew what the fuck I was talking about, then a couple of years later everyone couldn't stop talking about 'that Pendulum song' which had just been played on Radio 1, naturally 6 months after it was rinsed 3 times a night in the clubs in the way that the dnb release process works. Same fucking shit happened with Dillinja and Bad Company a few years before. One bloody top 40 hit and the ticket prices double and the shows get polluted by wankers.
Which song was that? Tarantula? Hold Your Colour? To be honest I've only heard their Essential Mix (2005.09.18) which I really liked, and the Hold Your Colour studio album which was a bit soft.

guess i found the sufu dnb headz. i've been in it since 95. started spinning in 96 and still do to this day. currently into:

viscious circle

state of mind

teebee

klute

mav

demo

current value

corrupt souls

desimal (r.i,p)

hive

gridlock

phace

mindscape

N.phect

Black Sun Empire

tech itch

thats like my top list as well. rep+

i'd have to add:

Vector Burn

Arqer

Pendulum

Nosia

Psidream

Nightstalker

Concord Dawn

Cyantific

Ed Rush

Quardant

Pacific

thats like my top list as well. rep+

i'd have to add:

Vector Burn

Arqer

Pendulum

Nosia

Psidream

Nightstalker

Concord Dawn

Cyantific

Ed Rush

Quardant

Pacific

cool. you play in hawaii? i just played a party there with dieselboy not too long ago.