FS: Estate LA 7 3/4 Lucky Cat TEAR AWAY Cap

lowrider

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

As far as I know, this is the first hat of its kind. It is a 2 layer hat whose construction was probably inspired by the Nike Tear Away Vandal. Only 48 were made available to the public.

The top layer has a chop stick print that when cut away, reveals a sushi roll print underneath. The hat I'm selling is BRAND NEW and not cut. I have included a stock photo of what the second layer of the hat looks like as an example only.

This release was limited to 56 pieces made, BUT ONLY 48 of which were available through digitalgravel.com and Fitted Hawaii. And they are both ALL SOLD OUT!

PRICE: $85 + SHIPPING + INSURANCE

The hat features the Maneki Neko good luck cat with an Estate twist to it. It's aptly rocking a blinged out chain around its neck with Estate LA diamond rimmed dogtags. The Maneki Neko is also posing with a nice middle “paw” to finish it off.

From the Fitted Hawaii site:

We are proud to be able to sell hats that make people think a little bit about what it took to make this hat. For starters the cat theme is amazing, for one, in Hawaii it is considered good luck to give the porcelain version of the cat to anyone opening a business, new house, or even new cars. It's a good luck gesture. I haven't dug deep into why I just remember having to bless shops when I used to Lion dance as a kid (I was the head because I could climb peoples shoulders and put up the red tape). Anyway every store would have the cats facing the door way (as we also have 2 cats in the shop). Second this is basically 2 hats in one. A novel concept that was executed well. We have 20 of these hats in so if you need one in your life call or come down to the shop. Estate only made 56 of these and only 48 of them were retailed. Below is a little story of the cat!!

The story of Usugumo, one of the famous and accomplished women of Yoshiwara, explains the origin of this charm cat. In an attempt to warn Usogumo of a big snake on the ceiling, her favorite cat followed her nervously pointing her middle paw up and pulling eagerly at her dress. The cat's persistence and ill mannered gesture angered Usogumo's attendant, who drew his sword and killed it. The cat's severed head then flew to the ceiling and killed the threatening snake. To alleviate Usogumo's grief over the cat's death, a master artist carved its replica out of imported aloe wood. The carved cat became very famous, and became the first "maneki neko".

Here we have a very exciting new cap by Estate LA. These guys are really bringing out one hot cap after the other. The special thing about this one is not only the design but also the construction, unseen before!

CIMG2746.jpg

CIMG2739.jpg

CIMG2740.jpg

CIMG2742.jpg

STOCK PHOTO - MINE IS NOT TORN:

luckykitty2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...