Where to buy bolts of raw denim.

MCutJR

Hey guys, me and a coworker were talking the other day and got interested in tinkering around making some jeans. I have a few questions. One, where can I buy bolts of premium denim. I'm looking for a dark indigo and a medium indigo denium. Also interested in denim bolts with lyrca for women. Would also prefer a denim that is accepting of wash and distressing processes. I know I know that might make you guys cringe but even though I am a fan of raw denim not everyone is.

The second questions is. We were going to mock up patterns with cheap denim from a fabric store just to make the patterns. But after we make the patters for our sizes(i figure we would just pin and adjust it on ourselves) how do we scale up the patterns to from my size a 28 to say a 30 while keeping the thighs in proportion.

thanks in advance guys, Mike.

I'mnot very fimilar with selvedge denim, But I think i get the gist. It has to do with the loom its woven on and the ends of the cloth right? I notice when everyone posts the pictures of there selvedge denim that on the inside seam the material on the ends of the peice of cloth there are sewn together. How do you cut the pattern and the jeans so that the edges of the selvedge denim meet?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13151

If you go here and go down a little to the pictures of the inside seam you'll see what i mean. All my jeans are surged instead of having this.