customs charges?

Guest freedomfighter

if you live in the US, you will probably never have to pay customs fees unless you order something expensive shipped overseas by a private broker (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

I've had thousands of dollars of goods shipped to me by the US Postal Service, sometimes declared in full, sometimes not, and have never paid a dime.

I've paid obnoxiously high duty fees on both of my orders from luisaviaroma.com -- shipped from Italy by Fedex.

Just avoid private shipping companies and you'll be fine.

well, just got my package from earthmarket/rakuten (canes, and a tee) bitchslutass customs got a hold of it, and stuck a $45 charge on me for god knows why. i bit the bullet and paid the queefs. from now on im asking them to "mark as gift". hope it works.

p.s. i live in hawaii, and they (government) are ULTRA worried about pests and shit getting in and wrecking plantlife etc. this could be why they opened my package in the first place. the cost of living in paradise, i suppose. the bastards.

• 5 months later...

Minya, sorry to revive this old ass thread but I was wondering how much you were charged in customs after ordering goods from Luisa via Roma?

Does the custom charge depend on the value of the item bought? I'm thinking of ordering something of that site but I don't want to end up paying $50+ in customs.

Thanks

Minya, sorry to revive this old ass thread but I was wondering how much you were charged in customs after ordering goods from Luisa via Roma?

Does the custom charge depend on the value of the item bought? I'm thinking of ordering something of that site but I don't want to end up paying $50+ in customs.

Thanks

Customs is around 10%. Don't forget to tack on the 50Euro shipping fee.

Yea, good thing about LVR is they automatically take out VAT when you sign up and shit.

sunny-Weird, because there is almost always a customs charge. It would be nice to hear if they changed it though.

I know quite a few other stores in Eu who ship to the states ship things as 'Samples'. But LVR specifically states on thier website, items will be subject to customs charges.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...