What is there to do in San Jose

misunoUX10

I do not know of anything interesting in San Jose unless touring a university is tantamount to compelling.

California's cultural centres are anything but cultural--and for my sakes, I include San Francisco which is simply a tourist stop for Chinese tourists to snap some images of the Golden Gate Bridge and perhaps, stop off at Gucci.

Their Symphony hall would be tragic were it not grotesque.

San Jose/Santa Clara is one of the great suburbs on this earth. Im serious.

You got your little ktown, little delhi. You got Little Saigon on tully and story rd. You got little mexican enclaves all over the place. You even have an outdated ancient japantown near downtown san jose. You got Cupertino village.

As far as suburbs go, it kicks a lot of ass. Driving sucks but is no way near as bad as LA. It's a suburb though, I admit that.

What is there to do in San Jose?

Enough to keep you busy. Generic questions call for generic answers.

What do you want to do? Don't just cop out and have someone else decide your shit for you. There are plenty of things to do in San Jose, but if you have the luxury, I'd recommend hopping on the 101 and driving north as well.

Santana Row is a semi-cool place to hang out, I seriously considered moving there, but didn't like it enough to do the commute to santa clara every day... There is also a Caltrain station in San Jose that takes you up to SF within an hour on a baby bullet train... Or get off at Milbrae and transfer to the BART to go to Mission to check out Self Edge...

Yep. Santana Row and adjacent Valley Fair mall. No "amazing" shops at either, but some great places to eat/drink and browse. Otherwise, Hakone Gardens (a traditional Japanese garden) is a fun place for a picnic and there are tons of great Japanese restaurants around San Jose/Silicon Valley if you're into that..........

Downtown SJ has some decent nightlife and lounges. O'Flaherty's Irish Pub is fun, and you have Morton's steakhouse that just opened there.

• 9 months later...

are there any argentine style restaurants here in san jose. i fell in love with argentine food when i went this august, and havent been able to find any leads here in san jose? does anyone know