evisu lot 2000 no 1 denim

Guest jeffvyain

Guest jeffvyain

i'm trying to find some info about these jeans. i've searched this entire forum, and i either suck at searching or just can't come up with any conclusive info.

i want to know how long the inseam is on these post-wash/soak. in addition, i'm looking for some sort of conclusive information on sizing. i've searched high and low and the most information i've found anywhere was at this site:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beat-japan.co.jp%2Fitem%2FEVISU%2Fjeans-2.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

this actually tells me quite a bit of information. it makes it sound like you should size up 2 on the waist to allow room for shrinkage. but upon searching here on SF, i've heard people say the exact opposite...that you should size down 2 because they run big.

i don't really care what the concensus is on this site for evisu. i just want some slimmish jeans that are gonna turn out beautiful. there's only a handful of jeans in the evo thread that REALLY stand out, and the evisus in there look ridiculous, and i wouldn't mind having a pair of jeans that get some comments here and there, even if people are asking me why i'm wearing rapper jeans.

any info would be much appreciated. if these won't work for me, it's either oni blues or samurai 710s for the next pair, but i'm trying to get something that i haven't seen quite so much of lately.

i wouldn't size up on Evisu's. The denim isn't that stubborn where it won't stretch. I'm particularly talking about the no2 denim. #1, not so sure. But I sized up 2 to a 32. It shrunk down to a 30 (my waist) but stretched out like crazy. So if you're getting the 2000 cut, I'd probably go with my regular size, or size down for the STF sizing...my 2 cents

next time use the search n00b

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=2407

Guest jeffvyain

went through that whole thread. never does it mention inseam length until the end where some dude is selling some no. 2s that are 33x35. those are sanforised though and had not been in the wash... the no. 1s should run a couple centimeters longer but i don't know what a fully shrunken pair would come out to be. I need a 34 minimum inseam. maybe these just aren't meant to be.

no.1 = STF

no.2 = sanforized

No1 inseams = 37" presoak

about 34" after soak

i don't know about the fit of the 2000 cut but all evisu are length 34".

either 34" off the bat for no 2 or 34" post soak for no.1

i think all evisu stretchs /shrinks very easily if you can wear a 30 in other stuff you can probably get away with it in no.1 just wear them as they dry so they don't shrink to much

I have a pair of the stylecraft lot 2000 no1's: Here are my experiences:

Inseam is tagged 35. Measured closer to 36 raw, and 33.5 washed repeatedly.

The talk about waist shrinkage seems contradictory, but is actually all true, from what I've read above....

Mine are tagged 36, which was their raw state measurement. After lots of washes and runs in the dryer they shrink up to a 32.5, but stretch back out to a 33.5 really easily. I could probably get another inch of stretch out of them if I tried. This being said, the jeans are a more baggy, vintage cut. While they sit high on my hips and fit snuggly at the waist, they are not a slim jean through the seat and thigh.

If you want a slimmer overall silouette I would recomment getting tag size as your actual size and wearing them in the tub to shrink the rest down (as some did with their contest sammies to get a better fit) . Otherwise, for normal fit at the waist I would recomment sizing up two.

beatiful jeans though! they are my baggy fuck-around jeans. The denim is very close to vintage redline levis denim from the 70's that I have

Guest jeffvyain

thanks for all the info. that's exactly what i was lookin for. sounds like they'll be cutting it a bit close for the inseam. any shorter than 34 and jeans generally don't look too good on me unless they're really tight... i'll probably just go with the sams. they'll be quite a bit cheaper anyway.

From memory (I haven't checked though), Deus' Evisus in the Evo thread are No 2s (sanforised). Why not just get the No 2s, that way you won't have to worry so much about shrinking etc.?

I had a pair of Lot 2000 No 2s. I bought 29X35. They measured 35 in the leg. The waist was very similar to my Nudie RRDS 29s (so slightly vanity-sized). However contrary to Poly's post above, I found that they were kinda stubborn - they stretched a bit, but not a huge amount. But maybe that was because I didn't need them to stretch too much....good luck with them. The denim is great.

either way, if you're fronting the money for no.1 denim, try and get the handpainted gulls...

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rakuten.co.jp%2Fh-pickup%2F726976%2F743651%2F765204%2F%23654821&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Model Shrinkage the west Shrinkage of length Standard of purchase

NO1 denim -2 inch  -4 inch  2 size rises 

NO2 denim -1 inch  -2 inch  Shrinking, it reaches declared size

NO3 denim -1 inch  -2 inch  Shrinking, it reaches declared size

jeffryvain, check these out, these are insane

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2Fkobori%2F10000463%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

just get your waist size. the no. 1 denims stretch fairly easily. my tag says 40x35, but i really needed to get a smaller size. i washed mine and threw it in the dryer to shrink. it shrank 1 1/2 inches in the waist and 2 inches in the leg. it's a good pickup. these jeans are modern classic and the denim is bootiful.

Guest jeffvyain

wow, i go away for a night, and come back to find so much information at my fingertips. thanks guys

i've thought about getting the no. 2 just for the sake of the inseam, but i heard those were 12 oz denim as opposed to 14.5 oz of the no. 1. if i'm going to pay that much for jeans, i feel like i should be getting top quality. i really love those handpainted gulls though. damn.

i wish they'd just make me a post-soak 35-36 inch inseam in no. 1. i swear i'm worth the trouble.