Jackets and hoodies with unique hoods?

jake snake

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://zozo.jp/shop/hare/goods.html?gid=155282&cid=2062&pno=1

Hare has this cool one. Its got a massive neck hood thing. I think I saw it on someone here...

Also, Julian Red is supposed to have a nice one with asymetrical buttons, and then theres the whole Rick Owens seiries which are pretty cool too. Theres so many, Its hard to list.

Buy yourself a sewing machine Jake! If youre going to be buying a lot of vintage or workwear, you might as well learn how to sew and save yourself a lot of money in alterations! Then you could also make your own hoods, and your only limit would be your mental palpability!

I've recently really taking a liking to jackets and hoodies with weird hoods. The problem is that everything I've found is either way too wacky, has some weird print on it, or costs way too much. Is there anything I should consider before I give up my hunt for a neat hood?

lemme get this straight - you're looking for "weird" but not "wacky"?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=27219

the ayssemetrical hoodie has interesting construction. Just scroll down and you'll see it. The pictures of people wearing it look really sharp. Michael J Krell stuff is top notch construction wise. He makes all the stuff himself and his stuff fits well and is incredibley well made. Send him an email or PM and ask him more about it. A member there and a member here have the hoodie and it looks great.

the ayssemetrical hoodie has interesting construction. Just scroll down and you'll see it. The pictures of people wearing it look really sharp. Michael J Krell stuff is top notch construction wise. He makes all the stuff himself and his stuff fits well and is incredibley well made. Send him an email or PM and ask him more about it. A member there and a member here have the hoodie and it looks great.

I have this hoody. I can attest to its quality. Great construction and fit. I love it.

It has a large hood as well.

I remember seeing the WAYWT post with the asymmetrical Julian Red hoodie, and I thought it looked amazing. But I think it was all sold out on Rakuten :(

Also, I believe Chris has made a WAYWT wearing the HARE hoodie with the huge hood, it looked great on him but it might be hard to pull off.

Since you also said you wanted Jackets, I saw an AMAZING Raf Simons coat in the F/W 06 issue of GQStyle. I can't find a pic of it anywhere else, tho, and the actual runway shot is from the front:

00250mnp0.jpg

It uses some thin metal material to make the hoodie slightly stiff and chops up the hood into three layers, which sit on top of your head kinda like a newschool camping tent w/ spaces in between them? Very difficult to describe but hopefully someone else has a hot pic.