Cloak from past seasons?

shinobi2000

• 3 weeks later...

It happens. It happens quite often as a matter of fact. Most coveted things seem to be fall/winter 04 - thats where you see people paying above original retail sometimes. to make matters worse, collections from back then do not have an xs/28 size, making things quite challenging for some of us.

I went to the Cloak store in NY to check things out and they had a few things from f/w 06.

00090m.jpg

Picked up that leather jacket 60% off.

00100m.jpg

My friend, who goes by Uncooked, on superfuture picked up that jacket in another colorway. They had this color available as well.

00040m.jpg

00010m.jpg

They also had both these jackets as well as the oversized houndstooth and cardis and vests in 3 different colors. Sizes were limited, but its worth checking them out.

• 4 weeks later...
What are the chances that I'll be able to find jackets from past season's of Cloak? I tried looking on Ebay, nothing.

You'll get one or two in about 6 months on ebay, just keep checking back. I picked up a F/W 04 blazer off there semi-recently.

• 2 weeks later...
It happens. It happens quite often as a matter of fact. Most coveted things seem to be fall/winter 04 - thats where you see people paying above original retail sometimes. to make matters worse, collections from back then do not have an xs/28 size, making things quite challenging for some of us.

These garment pieces are from the era of the CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Award, and the Seamless documentary.

• 4 months later...
^ pour vous monsieur

http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/designers/bios/cloak/

also check firstview.com

you will shoot a load. cloak was at it's finest during 03-04....sigh geller/plokhov

Ah thank you my man. Unfortunately they're not complete shows. :(

Good effort anyways. Rep'd.

• 3 months later...

its upsetting to think such great clothing was designed by this man

cloak_150.jpg

question: cloak stuff seems to be small generally - was the sizing between a certain height? and servo, im allowed to ask questions, right? you seem to hate it when i don't know things that seem to be common knowledge among the sufu brain-trust.

its upsetting to think such great clothing was designed by this man

question: cloak stuff seems to be small generally - was the sizing between a certain height? and servo, im allowed to ask questions, right? you seem to hate it when i don't know things that seem to be common knowledge among the sufu brain-trust.

Why is it upsetting? Plenty of designers aren't the most photogenic people in the world. Who cares. Their artistic vision is what matters and Alexander has tons of talent. XS = 44, S = 46, etc... generally but certain pieces tend to be all over the place....

Why is it upsetting? Plenty of designers aren't the most photogenic people in the world. Who cares. Their artistic vision is what matters and

I like when designers are slobs. The incongruity of their sleek pieces on their models compared to the person behind it.

Its interesting in architecture too; seeing a powerful, bold structure designed by some frail old man whos got a foot in the grave.

i was making a joke about the look of him, but its ok if you're up in arms about it.

anyways, so the sizing is much more attuned to a vanity sizing kind of thing? like if you're small, get an XS? something like that?

i can't remember a time when i was ever that small. maybe 5th grade.

i was making a joke about the look of him, but its ok if you're up in arms about it.

anyways, so the sizing is much more attuned to a vanity sizing kind of thing? like if you're small, get an XS? something like that?

i can't remember a time when i was ever that small. maybe 5th grade.

Other way around. Things fit smaller, as everyone has been saying. If you normally wear a small you'll most likely need a pre-2006 cloak medium. Definitely depends on the piece, though.

I wouldn't say everyone is up in arms so much as they're puzzled by your admittedly half-hearted attack on the man.