Marc Jacobs x Wrangler Denim

Dangydang

Anyone here have any experience with these jeans? I'm wondering how much these will stretch. I just purchased a pair recently and I can zip and button them just fine, but they're a bit tight up top. The waist is fine, but the butt and thigh areas are pretty tight. The denim on these seem like they won't be stretching out much, like on some APCs for instance. Might just have to give up and return them which would be a shame cause the details and quality on these are real nice.

Here are some pics for reference:

mj1.jpg

mj2.jpg

It's funny that you made this post because I'm wearing a pair right now in 28x34. I've worn them off and on for the past 3 weeks. You're right in that they don't seem to stretch too much, which IMHO is a good thing since they're just about perfect for me. I'm going to need to hem them though, because I normally wear a 30 inseam so 2-3" of cuffing is a tad too much. :P

It's funny that you made this post because I'm wearing a pair right now in 28x34. I've worn them off and on for the past 3 weeks. You're right in that they don't seem to stretch too much, which IMHO is a good thing since they're just about perfect for me. I'm going to need to hem them though, because I normally wear a 30 inseam so 2-3" of cuffing is a tad too much. :P

Mine are actually the same size as yours. Sitting down, bending over, squatting down, etc feels a bit restricting for me in these. Putting my hands in the pockets involves a bit of a squeeze as well. It's weird cause the waist fits just fine but the butt and upper leg areas right below my hips are the tight spots.

Anyone here have any experience with these jeans? I'm wondering how much these will stretch. I just purchased a pair recently and I can zip and button them just fine, but they're a bit tight up top. The waist is fine, but the butt and thigh areas are pretty tight. The denim on these seem like they won't be stretching out much, like on some APCs for instance. Might just have to give up and return them which would be a shame cause the details and quality on these are real nice.

My philosophy is given time all jeans stretch. I have seen no jeans that do not stretch. I have heard skulls are good for not stretching but have not seen 1st hand what this means.

Some APC don't stretch? which ones, I think you meant all APC stretch lots! :P

I say by my experience with jeans, and how you say your jeans fit now give it a few more weeks and they will fit perfect, or you could always do the wear wet. I have seen the wear wet method make ridiculous tight jeans fit and stretch multiple sizes.

ps. don't return those they are sweet. I really like them and have been hunting for a pair on sale.

My philosophy is given time all jeans stretch. I have seen no jeans that do not stretch. I have heard skulls are good for not stretching but have not seen 1st hand what this means.

Some APC don't stretch? which ones, I think you meant all APC stretch lots! :P

I say by my experience with jeans, and how you say your jeans fit now give it a few more weeks and they will fit perfect, or you could always do the wear wet. I have seen the wear wet method make ridiculous tight jeans fit and stretch multiple sizes.

ps. don't return those they are sweet. I really like them and have been hunting for a pair on sale.

Looks like my wording was a bit off. I meant to say I don't think these will stretch out in the same manner that APCs do.

Where can I buy these, by the way? They look nice!

Any store that carries the Marc Jacobs main line should have carried these as well, but they should be sold out everywhere by now. Your best bet would be to keep an eye out on the boards and ebay.

I've got those too...got 'em on a deal from Bloomies actually lol.

THey are sick...haven't actually put any wear to 'em though...but all I can offer is that they are a bit slimmer than APC Rescues...I got 'em in a 34-36 (I'm a 32 to 33 in Rescues)...and in 34, they fit kinda like the 32 Rescues (a little extra space up around the waist and thighs...but nothing too serious). I love 'em.

Well, I own a pair of Wrangler Spencer Dry's broken twill denim. I don't know whether or not these are comparable, but here are my findings -

Mine are actually the same size as yours. Sitting down, bending over, squatting down, etc feels a bit restricting for me in these. Putting my hands in the pockets involves a bit of a squeeze as well. It's weird cause the waist fits just fine but the butt and upper leg areas right below my hips are the tight spots.

I own a 28-34 in the Spencers and in the beginning they pretty much felt the same like your Jacobs.

The first 2 weeks they didn't seem to stretch much except for the waist.

Now after a month or so only the waist has stretched significantly, probably because I've been sagging them. The stretching in the thighs has been minimal, but they're stretched out to be quite comfortable.

• 1 month later...
Guest jmatsu

i just aquired these. 30x34. i heard from a reliable source that even when washed, these freaks of nature will hardly shrink.

does everyone have the ones with the leather patch or the denim patch?

i don't wash my denim, so would it be possible to even take in the leg widths without fucking up the salvage? obviously i thought of taking it in from the inner stitching, but wouldn't that make them look weird? am i crazy for even wanting to modify these?

i have a 30x34. alittle big...

Guest jmatsu
Well, I own a pair of Wrangler Spencer Dry's broken twill denim. I don't know whether or not these are comparable, but here are my findings -

I own a 28-34 in the Spencers and in the beginning they pretty much felt the same like your Jacobs.

The first 2 weeks they didn't seem to stretch much except for the waist.

Now after a month or so only the waist has stretched significantly, probably because I've been sagging them. The stretching in the thighs has been minimal, but they're stretched out to be quite comfortable.

how much did the 28inch strech?? thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...