football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

So what's everyone's predictions for the world cup? I can't look beyond Brazil to be honest ... I know Spain will be there or there about's come the final stages and Germany will definitely be strong (even though everyone will say they are shit before the competition and maintain that view after they make the semis).

"Outsiders" - Portugal simply because of Ronaldo; plus he's supported by some solid performers; the Dutch - Robben is an absolute world beater and Van Persie has recovered well from his injury, maybe they should hope for an injury to Kuyt(?)

Genuine outsiders - Denmark, anyone from Africa - Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana in that order ...

Yeah but Brazil, definitely Brazil ...

Can't believe I didn't even mention Argentina there(!)

portugal are in a 3 way shootout with ivory coast and brazil and if they manage to finish 2nd in their group they get spain. so you may want to reconsider your logic there.

england will underperform again, mostly due to a combination of having the most strenuous domestic league and the high altitude.

form book goes out of the window when it comes to the WC, i think the past two have shown us that; I wouldn't underestimate France or Germany (nothing without ballack - really?).

Will be interesting to see whether the long-awaited success in euro 2008 translates into Spain not choking on the biggest stage..

fuck it, like i say - anything can happen, wouldn't be surprised if the African nations take major scalps.

france have no chance - same problem as post-vieira scum. italy has never done shit in a world cup outside of europe- too much stress finding a decent espresso and having to call mama from crazy time zones.

the africa theory is probably limited to the occasional scalp, with the possible exception of cameroon. i think ivory coast may play spoilers in their group, but hampered (as with nigeria) by shooting themselves in the foot manager-wise.

Guest renatho
spain or Italy will be champions. Maybe holland can make semi finals . german without ballack is nothing, france is too old.

yes youre rite. german without ballack is nothing. but still im hopin for them