football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

haha well i'll hold onto hope as long as you don't win away. it's conceivable you won't even get 3 points total from your 3 away fixtures. even so, everton's has their work cut out for them.

for the record i have the title being decided with a score draw between chelsea and utd, with prior results of note being utd 2-0 over the scum and chelsea drawing away to everton. the race for fourth goes down to the penultimate weekend with everton drawing arsenal away while liverpool wins comfortably over city.

Everyone's predictions tonight

Chelsea 2 - 0

Liverpool 2-1 to the 'pool (Atmosphere will make a huge impact)

Barca through (Only due to Schalke's terrible goalmouth action, it's sickening the state they're in now; clinging on to Bojan as hope)

Yeah, in the Beer Cup. You might be too young to remember but in Champions League we might've beaten you once or twice and that was when you had a real manager.

Typical Liverpool fan, those old "yeah we've been shit against you so far but past blah blagh blagh"

Like the past makes your team play well to this day. You'll be living off the past again soon after we turn you over.

Carling Cup's a big tourney mate.

Can't wait to bump this.

Can't believe Arsenal let it slip so quickly to a penalty. As well as they knock the ball about, they are'nt very hard to get at. Wenger needs to fix up & start landing some established players instead pickney for a change.

i think some key injuries at key times this year screwed things up for them. eduardo getting his leg broke. toure went out for a month or two. what the hell happened to rosicky? those are 3 key starters there. eduardo played really well with adebeyour. they seemed to get along good and complemented each other. adebeyour and bendter hate each other and it shows by their play. i agree they are missing a key player. get rid of eboue. but, i feel if those 3 i mentioned above were healthy things might of turned out different. all is not lost. united this weekend. we'll see.

btw, i hope liverpool kicks chelsea's ass!!

i think some key injuries at key times this year screwed things up for them. eduardo getting his leg broke. toure went out for a month or two. what the hell happened to rosicky? those are 3 key starters there. eduardo played really well with adebeyour. they seemed to get along good and complemented each other. adebeyour and bendter hate each other and it shows by their play. i agree they are missing a key player. get rid of eboue. but, i feel if those 3 i mentioned above were healthy things might of turned out different. all is not lost. united this weekend. we'll see.

Everyone's had injuries, we had loads of injuries as well as loosing Essien and Drogba at african nations. It's an inadequate excuse imo. Their squad just isn't deep enough.

"Arsenal are a unique team," Mourinho told Gazzetta Della Sport.

"Their coach hasn't won anything for years and is still an idol. There is no pressure at Arsenal. But do not say he is growing young players into talents. What he does is take young players who are jewels and polishes them. It's different. He has time to work in a serene atmosphere and get results."

That's pretty much what my Arsenal mate was telling me...he also added Wenger (if they don't win the league) would have a hard time explaining how there's nothing wrong this season, to the come down of going 5 years without a trophy if 4 big players are'nt signed.

Everyone's had injuries, we had loads of injuries as well as loosing Essien and Drogba at african nations. It's an inadequate excuse imo. Their squad just isn't deep enough.

and your point is?

"Arsenal are a unique team," Mourinho told Gazzetta Della Sport.

"Their coach hasn't won anything for years and is still an idol. There is no pressure at Arsenal. But do not say he is growing young players into talents. What he does is take young players who are jewels and polishes them. It's different. He has time to work in a serene atmosphere and get results."

Haha I see Jose still hates Wenger back to the days when Wenger said he is stupid and Jose called him a voyeur. Jose can be accused of the same thing. Latching on to rising stars and then catapulting himself with them when they become big and conveniently forgetting those that are not good enough like Kezman and Tiago.

Bendtner is cocky and thinks he is great but he doesnt score like Adebayor. Adebayor during some games doesnt pass to Bendtner.

As for Liverpool v Chelsea, the only difference is Chelsea plays home in 2nd leg unlike the first 2 semis. Based on Liverpool's last visit to the Bridge against Average Grant, expect a snoozefest and Liverpool to go to finals again and face and lose to United.

and your point is?

It's an inadequate excuse to slip out of the title so drastically and fall out of the champions league, it's simply not a good enough excuse for a 'top 4' (hate this term) team. As I stated in the first reply.

Haha I see Jose still hates Wenger back to the days when Wenger said he is stupid and Jose called him a voyeur. Jose can be accused of the same thing. Latching on to rising stars and then catapulting himself with them when they become big and conveniently forgetting those that are not good enough like Kezman and Tiago.

I agree but it's not Jose's claim to fame whereas it is with Wenger.

manchester united should have the champions league in the bag. as of late they've been in top form.arsenal had today's game in the bag as well. bad call on the penalty. how can you call that and not call the penalty on hleb in the first game? eboue sucks. walcott's run looked just like henry's run a few years back against fulham. speaking of henry chelsea, man city, newcastle, tottenham, and west ham are interested in signing him this summer. that should be interesting. hopefully chelscum can knock out the mugsmashers next round. at least chelsea plays sort of attractive football.

It's an inadequate excuse to slip out of the title so drastically and fall out of the champions league, it's simply not a good enough excuse for a 'top 4' (hate this term) team. As I stated in the first reply.

I agree but it's not Jose's claim to fame whereas it is with Wenger.

Hm. What is Jose's claim to fame then? Defend stoutly and play boringly and wisely but win?

manchester united should have the champions league in the bag. as of late they've been in top form.arsenal had today's game in the bag as well. bad call on the penalty. how can you call that and not call the penalty on hleb in the first game? eboue sucks. walcott's run looked just like henry's run a few years back against fulham. speaking of henry chelsea, man city, newcastle, tottenham, and west ham are interested in signing him this summer. that should be interesting. hopefully chelscum can knock out the mugsmashers next round. at least chelsea plays sort of attractive football.

United top form? Against Boro? If their top 2 central defenders are out, they have problems, O'Shea and Pique and Brown are not adequate deputies. They can still nick it against Barca and Liverpool.

As for Henry, 30 years old and 16 million quid? Those clubs were the same interested in him in the past but not sure now.

As for Chelsea, Rafa will outsmart Grant and Grant cant' outsmart Ferguson so Chelsea will come up empty.

Carling Cup's a big tourney that, at any rate, we didn't win

fixed for you.

has anyone else noticed that everytime there's a crowd shot of scousers with their scarves there's always one person that's holding it upside down? just saying.

the reason why mourinho isn't considered to be a boring manager is because he's a media personality. c.f. "i'm on setanta sports."

Wenger's very stubborn & unwilling to admit to bad choices he's made. Letting Diarra go mid-season, making Gallas captain were just a couple of his errors. Rumour is that he's only gonna sign 1 player this summer cause he thinks that's all he needs....:rolleyes:

Out

Senderos

Lehmann

Bendtner

Gilberto

...plus Flamini won't sign a new deal, Hleb & Gallas may leave.

I literally LMAO. I saw a draw at Everton, but tonight...gwan Emile! If we beat Blackburn & Chelsea don't win there next game, 26th April won't have as much meaning as before.

In that case a draw at the Bridge would win us the title. Even if Chelsea beat Everton, a win at the Bridge would end it (as long as we beat Blackburn).

chelsea will beat everton and utd will beat blackburn. the big game will be against the mancs and i think it will decide the title. too bad for chelsea that it's right between the two champions leage fixtures against us. fuck, i couldn't stand another year of manc scum talking about the title.

I'm pretty optimistic about the Blackburn match, for some reason. Before the Boro result I could see us slipping up in one of the final few games, but I feel as though it's almost like we've got that out of the way now. Certainly the players will be far more relaxed going to Blackburn with (at least) a 2-point lead and a game in hand than they would have been if they went there level on points with Chelsea.