Modern Shoegaze (snewgaze?)

Bandwagonesque

I'm so out of the loop. Any good bands or labels that have bands that borrow heavily from the good ol' days of the 'gaze? I'm talking about Ride, Lush, Slowdive, Chapterhouse, Loop, MBV, and so on.... pop songs with distorted guitars, drowned out vocals, neo-psych guitar effects, minimalist but layered shit. I know of a few bands, but not enough.

What do you recommend?

The Ravonettes are definitely shoegaze inspired, but too much rockabilly/50s influence.

The only Lilys album I enjoy is The 3 Way.. the rest (that I've heard) are OK. Asobi Sesku is great. M83... did not get into that. The Brother Kite are really cool. It's like Ride + Brian Wilson.

I'll check out the rest of those links guys. Thanks. Keep 'em coming. :)

not raveonettes. good try cotton duck.

Ah I see, I did a quick google and now know a little bit more about it.

Galaxie 500 I do know.

Sorry to jack your thread but if anyone could send me into a direction to look for more "Raveonettes" type stuff I'd be very thankfull.

I like them alot, but seem to be looking in the wrong places for similar stuff.

bandwagonesque: i love the brother kite. actually wrote a review of them and called them the bastard lovechild of brian wilson and MBV. we're thinking on the same wavelength, man. it's totally....cosmic.

cotton duck: have you ever tried the allmusic game. type in a band and just keep clicking on related artists till you find something you dig.

Maybe some tunes from "Working for a nuclear free city"

but Not much

Last time I tried to find some recent "shoegaze influenced music", I found nothing great. I ended up digging the Creation records back catalogue to find actual 80s 90s indie bands that I didn't know.

Maybe some tunes from "Working for a nuclear free city"

but Not much

Last time I tried to find some recent "shoegaze influenced music", I found nothing great. I ended up digging the Creation records back catalogue to find actual 80s 90s indie bands that I didn't know.

probably the best idea anyways

slowdive.. so good..

I saw Brian Jonestown once.. I didn't know who they were, but one of my friends wanted to go. It was aight, can't say i loved it

BJM live shows are either ace, or complete disaster - there is no inbetween. If you go to a show not knowing this, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment I think. Antons albums always blow me away though.