Modern Shoegaze (snewgaze?)

Bandwagonesque

i love asobi seksu, but apparently they hate being put in the shoegaze genre. i can only wonder why.

Are you ok with "dream pop"? To some extent, I consider the two genres interchangable. Anyway, no real shoegazer would use the term shoegaze since that's NME coined bullshit or something. Honestly, I don't care - I love the word.

I'm not a huge fan of genrefying things, and I refuse to label anything "indie"... a catch all term for people who shop at UO and know nothing about music except for what their friends tell them to download from bittorrent. Well, I guess I'm kinda doing the same asking for recommendations from the SuFutuarians... :D

Are you ok with "dream pop"? To some extent, I consider the two genres interchangable. Anyway, no real shoegazer would use the term shoegaze since that's NME coined bullshit or something. Honestly, I don't care - I love the word.

I'm not a huge fan of genrefying things, and I refuse to label anything "indie"... a catch all term for people who shop at UO and know nothing about music except for what their friends tell them to download from bittorrent. Well, I guess I'm kinda doing the same asking for recommendations from the SuFutuarians... :D

I don't mind labelling. "dream pop" definitely suits Asobi Seksu, but it'ts all subjective. I don't mind labelling things "indie" either, I like distinguishing from "indie pop" and like.. avril lavigne "pop". Not that there is a distinctive sound that qualifies as "indie" but it's not such much what it is, rather what it isn't... nevermind, i'm just rambling.

anyone mention Hartfield yet? japanese group..

I'm listening to their shit on myspace.. I wish the guy's voice was a bit softer. the gir'l's voice is pretty nice though

Check out Luminous Orange, if you want some japanese shoegaze