Iron Heart News

kiya

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kiya, what about the size, color, thickness of the leather patch? The same? Its oversizedness and off white color were so distinctly cool, (never mind the now bygone motorcycles)...

Yeah the size, thickness, and color of the patch will remain the same as before.

kiya, do u have an exact date as to when the colab is goin to drop? i know u said 1st week of march...

We won't know the exact date for another two weeks.

It's either going to be March 4th or March 11th.

come ooooonnn, you are killing us out here, give us some pics!

You know.. i actually don't have photos. the only public one is of me wearing it for the SF Chronicle photo shoot for the Japanese Denim article.

BUT, AYN should have a few photos he shot at the Self Edge x Superfuture party..

Ayn?

You know.. i actually don't have photos. the only public one is of me wearing it for the SF Chronicle photo shoot for the Japanese Denim article.

BUT, AYN should have a few photos he shot at the Self Edge x Superfuture party..

Ayn?

I know I'm not ayn, but here are a couple pics of him and digital_denim trying on the sample pair (from ayn's photostream):

ayn:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayn/349553389/in/set-72157594465905367/

digital_denim:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayn/349555731/in/set-72157594465905367/

I think you overestimate the market for $400 denim :P

I totally agree, it'd be an absolutey miracle if we sell most of them in the first week while they're only available for in-store purchase.

I'm sure the more common sizes will go quick.

But then again, we'll see...

I myself am very curious how this release is going to go down...

The SEXIH will be raw, but Iron Hearts barely shrink at all.

It'd be safe to say that the inseam will only shrink 1/2" with a soak.

yeah, you're right, it can't POSSIBLY be bigger than the market for $60 t-shirts with the name of an internet messageboard plastered all over them.

OH WAIT.

$60 is an impulse purchase, $400... not so much. Most of the stuff people wear on this forum don't even hit the $300 mark.

I think these will fit the requirements of my 4th and final jean purchase perfectly. Cash in hand, ready and waiting!

Just please drop on a weekend though. I have a friend that's willing to pick them up for me but can only do it on a weekend.

Cheers!!

We're releasing them on a Sunday..

Not the first Sunday in March, maybe second or third..

We'll know exactly by the end of February..

Shoot. I would love to have these but $400 is killer. $300 I could do......

Just out of curiosity Kiya, why are these $100 more expensive than the standard 21 oz. straight legs? Just because of the custom cut?

There are a few reasons why these are retailing for $80 dollars more than the usual ones:

-The sterling silver rivets

-Having a pattern cut for a run this low shoots the cost way up

-They're charging me a tad bit more for the crotch selvedge

we still don't know the final price, but it's looking to be between 375 and 380 max for the indigo, and 390 to 395 for the black overdye.

The Self Edge x Imperial and the Self Edge x Sugarcane will be far less in cost. But they also won't come with sterling silver rivets and the runs will be larger..

There are a few reasons why these are retailing for $80 dollars more than the usual ones:

-The sterling silver rivets

-Having a pattern cut for a run this low shoots the cost way up

-They're charging me a tad bit more for the crotch selvedge

we still don't know the final price, but it's looking to be between 375 and 380 max for the indigo, and 390 to 395 for the black overdye.

The Self Edge x Imperial and the Self Edge x Sugarcane will be far less in cost. But they also won't come with sterling silver rivets and the runs will be larger..

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. man.