Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

French House/Electro renaissance would not have happened without Para One and "Dundun-dun"

just sayin.

sorry to bring one of the electronic scenes biggest sophomore letdowns into the discussion, but im only harkening back to their once better times...listening to mstrkrft's parklife new years '07 set brought me way back and reminded me to at some point soon spin their "dundun-dun" remix. proof that whistles/bongo noises do indeed have their place in the genre.

jesuss! just heard that, thanks dude. this is really nice.

para one is a fucking musical GENIUS right up there with joakim, riton, and erol & seems way under appreciated. his soundtrack to Naissance des Pieuvres is just bliss...nothing like his full length, which is amazing as well. plus his work on TTC's albums.

he really is.

and yeah there was def a point in time at which it all started going downhill. I'm so sick of distortion!

I'm so sick of distortion!

srsly, for some reason i can tolerate the justice distortion, as in one minute to midnight from a cross the universe, so dirty, yet has somewhat of an analog feel, the whole mstrkrft album sounds like ass with that same dirty synth tone of theirs, THAT is getting old.

I hate Justice's distortion tone. I can handle it with anyone else, but the boosted mid's disgusts me. It sounds wayyyyy too chewy and live it flattens out to this unbelievably ugly din. I can get down with like deep distortion and overdriven synths otherwise.

I guess he does have a fanbase of unconditional lovers ( :/ ) but i don't consider myself to be one of 'em, i wasn't a big fan of less than human but fuck i'm feeling the new one.

simple Life, one day, tonight, accusations, the station and of course happy house - all great track imo

sameeeee i think the new cd is pretty damn good. i need to check out happy house, though.

anyone seen Gui Boratto, Ellen Alien, Yuksek or The Twelves before?

they all play studio b mar 27 and 28th........ would normally go, but a couple of my favorite indie punk type bands whom I've seen a bunch of times before play those nights too.

what kind of crowd do Boratoo Alien Yuksek draw? what kind of material compared to their albums do they play live?

thanks all.

i guess it depends, but Ellen Alien makes some amazing stuff with Apparat, i suggest you pick up their album Orchestra of Bubbles to check out how the show would be. Yuksek and The Twelves will play bangers no doubt, Yuksek would probably be awesome to see. Gui Boratto plays minimal i believe, not too sure.

ellen allien is way more than "orchestra of bubbles" which - as good as it is - was actually a small side project in her career, mainly produced by apparat featuring her on vocals. she is the founder of b-pitch control label ( modeselektor anyone ?! ), she DJ's, sings and has produced countless ep's and solo albums, she's also been very succesfull with her own fashion line this year..

gui boratto is a minimal techno guru signed on the legendary kompakt label, his new album just came out,

and yuksek you all probably know, is the new young prodigy of the french touch 2.0 scene..

so i wouldnt miss out on that show, they are all top acts from their respective genres, it's also pretty rare you'll get to see that same line-up again, especially in the US since boratto is from sao paulo brazil, ellen from berlin germany & yuksek lives in paris france !!

expect a diverse crowd, ranging from edbangeriish teens, to intellectual hipsters and maybe a few underground tek heads !! ;)

greattt. it's on a wednesday. one of these years i'm gonna take a leave of absence for a solid week and hit up every awesome party at wmc.

ac slater and udachi are fucking tiightttt... that shows gonna be nuts. wasted what's your agenda for wmc?

srsly, for some reason i can tolerate the justice distortion, as in one minute to midnight from a cross the universe, so dirty, yet has somewhat of an analog feel, the whole mstrkrft album sounds like ass with that same dirty synth tone of theirs, THAT is getting old.

I'll never get sick of cross. fist of god on the other hand.....

damn. BN's dub version of his gonzales remix is amazing everytime.

BN isn't human

sameeeee i think the new cd is pretty damn good. i need to check out happy house, though.

jump on happy house, one of the best jams of last year

and wow, what a line up. I'm jealous