Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

wow, really? my boy went and he said jazzy jeff was so bad he left before a-trak even came on. maybe he was expecting something different...

he basically mixed up like 30 seconds of every rap banger you've ever heard, everyone i've talked to said he was the highlight, the crowd went OFF for him, atrak was OK nothing too special, AM's set was wack, but i wasn't really expecting much from a celeb dj, also fake blood was dope, alot of shit off his essential mix and some others that i wish i knew, also dropped some crazy version of the zelda theme, the soundsystem sucked ballz though, kept going out during his set

he basically mixed up like 30 seconds of every rap banger you've ever heard, everyone i've talked to said he was the highlight, the crowd went OFF for him, atrak was OK nothing too special, AM's set was wack, but i wasn't really expecting much from a celeb dj, also fake blood was dope, alot of shit off his essential mix and some others that i wish i knew, also dropped some crazy version of the zelda theme, the soundsystem sucked ballz though, kept going out during his set

windowslivewriteressentialshortcutsforgeeks-125c8word-icon-2.png?

wanna hear that zelda thang though

me too

what really needs to be known is

did he play his remix of sandstorm

I almost forgot about that song. right after reading that, I went through the milkcrates, looking for his cd. listening to his album since then.

and can we talk about the new djedjotronic mix?

it's way way good and it has some exlusive shit on there

dude hahah... after hearing this i went and snatched Percolator... looks like you got to it first. track ruuuuuulllles.

reminds me of shit like this (which if anyone has PLEASE send)

PURrgNIFipE

haha perculator is tight for sure

and pretty much all ghetto house is bangin

next time I go to Amoeba in LA i'm copping a grip of old ghetto house records and upping them

haha I bought percolator the other day from beatport before this mix was posted up... I guess it just sounded current even though it's 15 years old... wtf

maybe the zelda theme remix was acutally the bionic commando shit?

dam you guys just heard of the perculator? They used to play that at my school dances back when i was in HS, there was a dance for it and everything haha. baltimore club music is the shit, i grew up on that

I thought someone remixed it or something at first, I got real excited.

dam you guys just heard of the perculator? They used to play that at my school dances back when i was in HS, there was a dance for it and everything haha. baltimore club music is the shit, i grew up on that

I thought someone remixed it or something at first, I got real excited.

I knew just kinda reiterates the fact that it's banger

rusko remix maybe? i'm curious what it was

def. wasn't this, it was the title theme from zelda, beat was typical like 120-130ish bpm, might've been something he produced himself, i was right next to his laptop too, should've looked to see, i'll ask around and see if anyone else recognized it

is this an insult or a compliment?

and yeah JM and the field came by san diego but I didn't go =/

Nah dude its a compliment. I mean his song "bro party", its sweet and I'm just wondering if he's mainly sequencing with ableton or fruity loops or whatever.

some stuff i have been feeling lately:

-all basement jaxx (that new raindrops single reminded me how awesome they are)

-Benjamin diamond - strange attitude (late 90s french - this cd is way underrated!

He said that he loves video games and movies (the typical american "blockbuster movies", the japanese ones, etc). The guy asked him about his musical references and he said that he doesn't really have any and that video games inspire him alot. He will release another EP in a couple of months and an album at the end of the year.

Has anyone seen the dance area remix of Major Lazer - When you hear the bass line anywhere other than the Itunes store? It's only in the Itunes US store, which I can't buy from.

I'm amazed no blog has paid the 99 cents for it and posted it yet.