Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

ive really been feelin miami horror lately. any other artist that are pretty close in sound besides the really obvious? ive found all thier tracks and remixes as far as i know.

Some more obscure ones:

www.myspace.com/russchimes

www.myspace.com/bestrackprod

www.myspace.com/fearoftigers

www.myspace.com/justinfaustmusic

www.myspace.com/ghosthustlerband

And the obvious:

www.myspace.com/treasurefingers

www.myspace.com/bagraiders

www.myspace.com/shazamperth

www.myspace.com/allyouneedisgloves

I included links to myspace under the assumption that you can preview then goto hypem to find the stuff you like :)

Another good source of this type of musics would be the top 20 of 2008 list I put together for my blog.

Oh.. and I also did a Russ Chimes Discography post.

are you guys who are def going , gonna get Ultra tickets?

I think I am. eventho alot of cool acts are gonna be playin at normal venues... for free or little cover. i wanna see prodigy, cut copy etc tho at ultra so im gonna have to go.

fuck im stoked as i have never been before. especially for free jerk offs.

seriously tho is WMC a dude fest or are alotta mamcitas down that weekend?

i'm still trying to decide if i'm going to ultra i wanna see cut/copy too...

it's my first year for wmc also but i heard that it's really hard to get into a lot of the parties... it's all about knowing people

haha the guy on ebay who is selling roule shirts, i asked him if he could make me that shirt MSTRKRFT was rocking and he already put it up on ebay

i think if any of you guys wants either of those shirts , i can get him to cut a deal for you.

copped. thanks.

Hey I just found out that Miami Horror is playing in San Diego in March. I'm definitely looking forward to it

word I'll be there

For those of you who were into the artists I posted on the last page, I thought I'd post up a recording of my New Years Eve set. Played with Kill the Noise, AC Slater, Udachi, The American Dream Team, VDRK @ Club Europa in Brooklyn.

Kinda sloppppy since I was drunk, my bad.

http://befriction.com/music/nyelive.mp3

Tracklist:

Flashmen - Spy Hunter (Early Demo Version)

Ghosthustler - Someone Else's Ride

Van She - Kelly (Lifelike Remix)

Miami Horror - Don't Be On With Her

The Presets - This Boy's In Love (Lifelike Remix)

The Millioners - Body Into Use (Russ Chimes Remix)

Bob Sinclair - Gym Tonic (Thomas Bangalter Remix)

Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul

Armand Van Helden - You Don't Know Me

Kelis - Bossy (Alan Braxe and Fred Falke Remix)

Datarock - Fa Fa Fa (Miami Horror Remix)

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Girlfriend (The Twelves / Kickdrums Kickmix)

Madonna - Like a Prayer (Tokyo 7" Club Mix)

New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

Fergie - Glamorous (Treasure Fingers Remix)

Big Gipp - Hot (Treasure Fingers Remix)

Jupter One - Countdown (Designer Drugs Remix)

P Diddy - Bad Boy For Life (La Mode Mothafuckas Remix)

I can't really decide if this is worth cleaning up a bit and releasing. Thoughts?

hey cunts

ALAN BRAXE WHITE ROOM WMC MARCH 27

STOKEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

tduOpdFYi8o

i feel like cassius is so underrated by peeps, the 1999 remix was my first intro to french house i believe. it was so weird and jumbled but yet so awesome. <3

Yeah I double post, what of it?

Wanted to post a little private teaser of some new jams I'm working on with a friend. These are early demos so please don't distro :)

http://drop.io/flashmen (5 new tracks here)

http://myspace.com/flashmen (4 old tracks here)

what are you doing as far as production? everything? also love the artwork, very "Valerie"

what are you doing as far as production? everything? also love the artwork, very "Valerie"

I'm doing all the production/engineering and a friend is doing the vocals/lyrics on them. Plan to have them mastered semi-commercially but nothing too serious :)

Currently using Ableton Live 7 as my DAW.

Synths:

Sylenth1 VST

DSI Prophet '08

Roland JX-8P

Drums:

Samples from TR-626 and TR-909 passed through Ableton's 'Drum Rack' for percussion.

Saxophone was recorded live in a studio but I'm not that happy with it and will prolly cut it.

Artwork is by The Zonders, who do the Valerie artwork ;)

I'm doing all the production/engineering and a friend is doing the vocals/lyrics on them. Plan to have them mastered semi-commercially but nothing too serious :)

Currently using Ableton Live 7 as my DAW.

Synths:

Sylenth1 VST

DSI Prophet '08

Roland JX-8P

Drums:

Samples from TR-626 and TR-909 passed through Ableton's 'Drum Rack' for percussion.

Saxophone was recorded live in a studio but I'm not that happy with it and will prolly cut it.

Artwork is by The Zonders, who do the Valerie artwork ;)

i'll second about the art work. very nice

I got a noob equipment question.... I usually just mix stuff using ableton and UC33e. But I came into some guitars and I want to hook it up to my computer so I can record riffs onto ableton. What kind of equipment would I use? I basically run strictly on USB so no firewire shit.

I got a noob equipment question.... I usually just mix stuff using ableton and UC33e. But I came into some guitars and I want to hook it up to my computer so I can record riffs onto ableton. What kind of equipment would I use? I basically run strictly on USB so no firewire shit.

what kind of computer do you have? you might have a 1/8th input which you could adapt to a female 1/4th, that would be the easiest way, but not necessarily the best sounding, look into USB interfaces like the FastTrack Pro/Ultra, something along those lines, i actually have a FastTrack Pro that's a few months old i could sell you....and verb how long have you been using Ableton? i just can't get into it for producing stuff, too used to the layout in Logic, my version of Kontakt2 just shit on me today, so all this stuff i was producing with Kontakt samples won't open for the time being...it blows

Native Instruments has that new DJ line but I wouldn't recommend it for this... I don't really know of any good USB interfaces to be honest. I've had a MotU Ultralite for about a year now and it's the only audio line I've ever trusted to record live instruments :\

what kind of computer do you have? you might have a 1/8th input which you could adapt to a female 1/4th, that would be the easiest way, but not necessarily the best sounding, look into USB interfaces like the FastTrack Pro/Ultra, something along those lines, i actually have a FastTrack Pro that's a few months old i could sell you....and verb how long have you been using Ableton? i just can't get into it for producing stuff, too used to the layout in Logic, my version of Kontakt2 just shit on me today, so all this stuff i was producing with Kontakt samples won't open for the time being...it blows

I've been using Ableton since November of 2007. I started producing with it in early November of 2008 :) Since I used it every day for DJ shit, I kinda got used to the workflow. I'm thinking of bouncing things into logic in the future to utilize its compressor and reverb because I'm really not a fan of Ableton's built in shit :(

^epic. i just saw the chicago show. i was almost disapointed at first cause the computer that plays the visuals crashed right at the beginning. the crash was actually projected which i thought was weird.should of unplugged that shit alot earlier. than into the 3rd song or so the video mixing thing was back on and the crowd went nutz. a 2 or 3 songs i dont have and that vyle dude came on and rapped just on that one track(00h00 ft. vyle). he did that one track and just walked off the stage. i felt bad cause no one applauded although if they did you probally couldnt hear it. my girlfriend thought it was something awesome. he wore a leather jacket this time with a metal tee underneath.