Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

so i got.. part of the weekend never dies on friday night.. i held out till sunday b/c i had promised a friend to watch it with her.. but in the end i just said fuck it and watched it by myself.. hahahahaha

i haven't been graced with the presence of soulwax/2manydjs, they did play in singapore last year and the year before but i was in boston where electro is only played at bars on thursdays and frequented by hipsters and emo kids.(LULSSS) and year before i had exams that weekend.

anyways if you have not watched it.. grab, 25 usd and go buy it.... dont fucking bootleg go buy it.

i kinda wish it didn't end or wasn't so short but i don't know how much more material they could do. it lived up to my expectations.

ITS NOT YOU

ITS THE E TALKING

ITS NOT YOU

ITS THE E TALKINGITS NOT YOU

ITS THE E TALKING

haha repost.

Am I completely blasphemous for thinking it's a good idea to mash our electro favorites with top40s so more people will dance at the college parties i go to?

no in most situations its the only way to go.

seriously, play a couple boyz noize-y type tunes and see how fast a choppy blonde gurl comes up to you whilst mixing shouting, "lESS TECHNO, PLZ,... WE'RE BORED OF TECHNO" and then watch how fast you pop on og mixes of lollipop and the good life.

cwg's don't understand the concept of groove.

the worst ungroovy-ist music is cwg's favorite groove.

no groove is groove.

cwg's hate bass, they don't like big kickdrums and think sawwaves are "ugly sounding"

they also don't really care for loopy funk guitars. they like girl voices

i played a house party at a sorority last nite and played all 5 of the katy perry remixes on touchexplode in less than an hour and they loVED it

i played a house party at a sorority last nite and played all 5 of the katy perry remixes on touchexplode in less than an hour and they loVED it

the sad part is this is most likely too, i'm currently about start the same thing, an electro/ish party with the majority of people being bros and cwgs, it's going to be promoted as dance though, not top 40 remixes, hopefully things work out

webster hall son. it says "dj set" though.. does that imply they wont be playing their original stuff or...

shit. is danger legit? id hit that up

usually when it says dj set they don't have their big rig with them, the glowing cross and marshall cabs, all that shit, just two turntables,i believe that also means they'll play other shit as well as their own, whereas otherwise they only play their own shit/remixes, i saw this guy who was at the last danger show in october at that kitsune party the other week, he's the one that told me about it and he fucking loves danger, who knows though

just saw danger. he was pretty good, but he didn't do the video thing he is know for.

justice dj sets are just them mixing with cds. if you've heard their bbc radio one mix, that is essentially their dj set. with that being said, i hope the have started to change it up and i will be seeing them when they're in town next month because they're awesome guys and its always a good party regardless of the cwgs.

Danger is the shit. I saw him at his first show in the US with Crookers. There were only about 40 people still there for him as he closed the night, but it was so amazing.

Has anyone been diggin' Fake Blood like a maniac?

http://www.myspace.com/welovefakeblood