Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Just requested : Ben

On another note has anyone any advice or tutorials for Ableton on how to achieve the 'whamp whamp / wobbly' bass sound heavily used in fidget and dubstep?

Example - HERE (bass starts at around 1:10-1:30)

My guess is slaving over the envelopes?

Basically.

You can do it easily in any matrix based vst. Albino 3 is the easiest, and is the most overused preset wise.

Just slave Cutoff 1 to LFO 1, etc.

UNFORTUNATELY, i have tO PLAY DRUGS IN MY BODY SOMEPOINT TOMORROW

WHAT IS BEST REMIX?

i actually quite like bang gang DJs'es remix:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18000938e53e575d/

give it 'til around 2:20. i get all excited when that funky ass bassline drops in.

and pardon me for asking but why would you have to play a remix of that song? its not like its a broadly known, classic joint or anything. when i was playing stupid shit for a college age event mostly what i heard was drunk girls "PLAY LOLLIPOPPPP I WANNA HEAR SEXY CAN I PLAY LOLLLIPOPPP" not one instance of "DRUGS IN MY BODDDY BUT A REEEMIIIIX PLAY DRUGS IN MY BODDDY THIEVES LIKE US R TOTALLY HOT BUT MAKE IT REEMIIIIX"

hahaha I had my electro playing blaring at a college party last night, people loved it it was really weird. I've been thinking about how to make people love electro at my school, and i think the only way is to put "classic" a capellas over everything and hope they dig it. I've actually got a version of bloody beetroots' We Are From Venice with Lollipop over it that actually sounds really awesome. i wanna see if the drunk girls go nuts when i drop that....

anyone else been listening to justice's official release of the 20 minute song er, mix? er, e.p.? created for the dior homme S/S '09 runway show? it's called "planisphere" and apparently these guys still got it:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/182911536a5907ff/

almost reminds me of daft punk on some goth vampire steez, especially when the guitar solos come in.

who's clubsoda? they got me on the blogroll

that's a good edit of raven but it's a setrip... bpm is much faster at the end

really? it's damn good quality for a setrip

ps. i havee the mtv vmas on and DJ AM is doing shit on there, he dropped 14h54 and some other Danger track while going to commercials lulz

my cousin texted me about Danger on the vma's... that's fuckin crazy. wouldn't expect DJ AM to play that...seems like he's trying to redeem himself as not being such a shitty-music-playing dj.

i did catch lil wayne in those patent red skytops. motherfucker.