Cutting Down My Wardrobe

this thread is some if the largest pile of bullshit I've come across on this forum.

it's like "I don't want materialistic things to be an influence in my life" and then you sell/throw away clothes to feel better, HELLO? You're still using things to change how you feel, just in the opposite way.

If having a lot of stuff messes you up then I'd say you have bigger problems than a too small wardrobe. You guys are on some self-betraying buddhist crap. Having a lot of jeans does NOT make me feel bad and it shouldnt make you either.

its not about that... I just like to keep it simple and classic.

For me, a clean (read:empty) wardrobe is a clean mind.

I now think less about what I wear and still look better than most, because I can choose any combination of items and have them work together.

yeah this is what it's about to me...i think horriblyjollyjinx was way off the mark with his assessment. That's not what it's about at all...the key is finding beauty in simplicity. The less one has to think about style, the better off the result.

i definitely have more t shirts than i need. (100ish maybe?) and have brought like 50ish here to college. I honestly dont need that many considering I still buy shirts regularly and i have a tendancy to wear my new shit more. Im gonna just start filtering out what shit i dont need and selling to thrift stores or on ebay.