The Superdenim Jeans

Kaisha

If you had established a good trustworthy relationship and friendship with a Japanese supplier, you'd see how i could make the costs what they are.

In any case, I thought there were genuine interest in something like this, but it seems the time is not right at the moment. Maybe one day...

when you refer to a "relationship", is it something you already have...?

as far as relationships go i think kiya and flat head are pretty much married :)

cultizm has offered a little collab with levi's but i'm not sure what came of that on their side.

Yes it is something i already have. But it is more with mills and constructors directly, not with labels i'm afraid. My English is very limited, and i can see, with my 19 posts, that people are sceptic to my proposal. I'll ask again when i have made more friends here.

What Kiya is doing is really nice i think, because it is rare that stores get into denim and the brands at that level. I wish him the best of luck.

im not skeptical to your proposal... i just dont like the way youre coming off. maybe im looking too much into how youre wording what youre saying but you sound a little bit pretentious to me, like we should be all running to you because you think you can help us do some jeans.

im not skeptical to your proposal... i just dont like the way youre coming off. maybe im looking too much into how youre wording what youre saying but you sound a little bit pretentious to me, like we should be all running to you because you think you can help us do some jeans.

i think assuming that a person is necessarily trying to put a certain feeling across an online medium is never very wise... we can't even get sacarsm right around here (10) :)

Kaisha - i'm actually interested in hearing what you have to offer, also, how did you manage to speak to mills/constructors/etc?

just know that it's been tried before and due to the huge range of voices here it has never really turned out properly.

Truly, I'm sorry if I came off like that. It was in no way intended.

Kaisha - i'm actually interested in hearing what you have to offer, also, how did you manage to speak to mills/constructors/etc?

Well my obsession with denim started about 6 years ago. That, combined with that underlying urge to create and experience with cut and sew, resulted in the process of creating my own label making jeans in Japan using Japanese denim.

I spent a couple of years finding someone down there with the proper knowledge (which turned out to be 30 or some years in the trade) that could help me in the contact with the different mills and constructors.

I have been lurking here for years, and will always be grateful for the knowledge given to me here. So i guess as a "thank you" i wanted to see how far the process of making a pair of genuine Superdenim jeans had gone, and maybe give it a push towards realizing it.

just know that it's been tried before and due to the huge range of voices here it has never really turned out properly.

I understand that everyone have different opinions but i thought i'd ask anyway. Maybe it could be done in different phases, one each year or something, so it in the end would result in maybe 3 different cuts? I don't know.

firstly I cant wait to hear about the slim boxy hank dyed canes! Secondly Kaisha I wish you all the best, a superfuture cut would be great, maybe I you get back to people with certain details, weight, weave, construction details, then things like cut and inseam length could be voted on - you can set up a "Poll" thread, that would be the fairest way to please everyone and give you the best chance at having a desirable product. Personally I like small back pockets....

Keep us posted on how it goes man!