The Superdenim Jeans

Kaisha

or a couple different styles, not sure about the feasibility of that though

Unless you work with a really small company that is willing to make a lot of acomodations, piece minimums would be a problem for you guys here. Also remember that the cost of making samples is pretty high, so the more models there are, the more money is sunk into the project before anything actually goes to production.

Unless you work with a really small company that is willing to make a lot of acomodations, piece minimums would be a problem for you guys here. Also remember that the cost of making samples is pretty high, so the more models there are, the more money is sunk into the project before anything actually goes to production.

As long as its above 50 pieces, i think it is very possible to pull this off.

Multiple cuts is an idea, but yes, samples are pretty high.

When you say 2channel, do you mean 2chan? Or am I just going off on a tangent.

this one:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11861

You know.. in a sense, that is what i'm doing with all the Self Edge collaboration jeans..

I think of my self as an average Superfuture person.. and i'm designing all the upcoming jeans.. so in a sense this message board's thoughts and suggestions are always taken into account when finalizing my design specs. because i love you guys..

how cute is that?

Self Edge x Iron Heart (Dior 21cm cut) in march..

Self Edge x Imperial (Dior 19cm cut) in july...

Self Edge x Sugarcane (slim hank dyed boxy) in june or so..

and more to come..

so in a sense this message board's thoughts and suggestions are always taken into account when finalizing my design specs.

I know what you mean. Without this place, and Paul T's book, I don't think I'd ever spend so much time working on my own denim thing.

:o

I'll love you forever if those come in black and 26 waist.

Plan on loving me forever.

A while back, in the 2channel thread, there was mention of making Superdenim jeans.

I have thunk about this for a while now, and I'm wondering if anyone has made any steps towards this?

How many people would be interested?

i think the closest attempt came from sling & stones, ilovespaz held a bit of a discussion although the real problem was the huge diversity of wants. denim weights, cuts (rise, inseam length, leg opening, etc), hardware - and then there was the ultimate problem of costs.

he even suggested a DIY denim kit, to solve all the problems of wants - but that didn't go down too well.

i think the closest attempt came from sling & stones, ilovespaz held a bit of a discussion although the real problem was the huge diversity of wants. denim weights, cuts (rise, inseam length, leg opening, etc), hardware - and then there was the ultimate problem of costs.

he even suggested a DIY denim kit, to solve all the problems of wants - but that didn't go down too well.

A DIY kit? Well that would be something.

As far as costs I think, if people could decided one ONE model where almost everyone got something they wanted on there (of course, sacrifices are inevitable), they wouldn't be too bad. Under $200 i'd roughly say. And this project wouldn't be done to make alot of money.

I have always though that the Superfuture font would good as a woven label...white on SF green.

Hey Ande!

I've kept an eye on what you have done from day one here on SF. You have become quite the craftsman. Woven label as in between things, in the back of things or on

the outside of things? or all? :)

A DIY kit? Well that would be something.

As far as costs I think, if people could decided one ONE model where almost everyone got something they wanted on there (of course, sacrifices are inevitable), they wouldn't be too bad. Under $200 i'd roughly say. And this project wouldn't be done to make alot of money.

can't really see how you can work out the finances at costs below $200 ? i mean, selvedge, hidden rivets, nice denim, chainstitching and other accesories doesnt go for free you know ?

If you had established a good trustworthy relationship and friendship with a Japanese supplier, you'd see how i could make the costs what they are.

In any case, I thought there were genuine interest in something like this, but it seems the time is not right at the moment. Maybe one day...

what weight will the seXih 21cms be?

They'll be 21 ounce Japanese selvedge..

Hell I had almost 40 people signed up and ready to go for the orange selvage denim roll group buy ..

I was trying to persuade AW into assembling the jeans using the material we paid for as a group , but no go ..

so yea what are we all gonna do here