waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

^can't really see the trench/jkt details, but i wouldn't wear it with that flannel. assuming your jkt is decent, i don't think that the flannel goes well. in this case the connotations collide. classic elegance vs. lumberjack/manuel labor working class.

^can't really see the trench/jkt details, but i wouldn't wear it with that flannel. assuming your jkt is decent, i don't think that the flannel goes well. in this case the connotations collide. classic elegance vs. lumberjack/manuel labor working class.

I dunno about that. I certainly see peacoats (which I think that is) as a working man's jacket, specifically an outdoors type (fisherman). Flannel goes lumberjack, so it's an interesting juxtaposition in that sense, but I think the concept works. That said, I do agree that the particular flannel here is not spectacular, but it does work. Try something that stands out a little less than bright red and it will probably flow better.

Diewhite,

Its actually a waist length trench jacket.. I do like the red colour although i do see what you're getting at. If it were perhaps a much cooler colour it would probably suit the jacket much better.. I'll definitely give it a shot next time..

Thanks jmatsu and Diewhitegirls appreciate it

The shirt does look a tad bit long even though its a S

Long/untucked shirt doesn't work with the short jacket (in this case). It looks like you're wearing an apron or bib. DB jackets/peacoats run the gamut from "working man" to "military" to "dressy". The particular version ichigo is wearing doesn't work with flannel.

Diewhite,

Its actually a waist length trench jacket.. I do like the red colour although i do see what you're getting at. If it were perhaps a much cooler colour it would probably suit the jacket much better.. I'll definitely give it a shot next time..

Thanks jmatsu and Diewhitegirls appreciate it

The shirt does look a tad bit long even though its a S

My knowledge of jackets is apparently shit. I bow in shame.

hmm.. different opinions..

Well from both standpoints i can see where each is coming from. The flannel with the jacket is the main problem. Would a slight colour change as Diewhite said change the outcome though? The shirt im wearing is a Small, unfortunately XS would be skin tight on me..

I guess finding a better suited jacket would do the trick is what both of you are saying? or just lose the whole jacket in particular?

Boo Wusthof. The balance of their knives drives me nuts. Henckel's Twin Pro ftw (price to quality wise, anyway).

yeah its not the best, i prefer japanese knives above all.

i recently fell in love with this 9.5" MAC Chef's Knife.

perfectly balanced, light, and super versatile.

a bit pricey tho, retails for about 132$, but well worth it.

Homeless men wear leather vests?

i saw a man at a party wearing a leather vest and thought thats not cool, then i saw a man with a leather jacket and thought that is cool. so the essence of cool is leather sleeves - mitch hedberg.

yeah its not the best, i prefer japanese knives above all.

i recently fell in love with this 9.5" MAC Chef's Knife.

perfectly balanced, light, and super versatile.

a bit pricey tho, retails for about 132$, but well worth it.

Japanese wins all the time. That shit gets insanely expensive though.

"Forged in the valley where the Samurai's defeated the Ninjas, this knife can cut your building in half."

9.5" for your chef knife? That's harsh. I need size to make me feel like a man. Check out the Twin Pro series...no jokes, they're making good shit. I'm kind of buying into the bullshit crossover knives that they're perpetrating on us nowadays. Chef's knife with scallops! Yes!

Jester East. Haven't started to hate it yet. I hear that prison rumor too. We have a Jester crazy man, Barry White [really], who hangs around the DSA looking for aderol now, too.

hook'em

yea i lived in Jester East top floor last year. you might not hate it, its not really that horrible but i just got really sick of eating J2 and just the interior and swiping my ID at night. i think it was mainly J2. i still ate it cause i wasn't picky and already paid for, but damn if it wasn't some of the worst food. fucking 'steak' night.

Japanese wins all the time. That shit gets insanely expensive though.

"Forged in the valley where the Samurai's defeated the Ninjas, this knife can cut your building in half."

9.5" for your chef knife? That's harsh. I need size to make me feel like a man. Check out the Twin Pro series...no jokes, they're making good shit. I'm kind of buying into the bullshit crossover knives that they're perpetrating on us nowadays. Chef's knife with scallops! Yes!

dyrice check your pms

See I haven't gotten into scalloped chef knives.

they're essentialt on slicers but for a chef's knife i want straight traditional functionality, give me some solid stainless steel.

I've liked all the japanese stuff I've gotten my hands on, but i really prefer lighter knives, so i could never get into Bunmei's heavy ass pieces. Though their Sashimi knife is def butter.... a

nd yeah, i like shorter knives, the 9.5 is perfect.

i find them easier to work quickly and accurately when I have to brunoise thirty potatoes when we run out mid service, or what have you.