silly thing x mcdonalds

Parker669

sid, thanks for the article. it made me sad.

anyway mcdonald's has been in hk for a while, so i assume that like in tokyo

-eating there isn't such a big deal. maybe if i was in china i would propose to my girlfriend while eating a bigmac by candlelight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in tokyo. no shit the menu is different in asia. i still don't understand your previous comment/question. no offense, but what exactly is your point?

my point is that silly thing sucks, and the very concept of doing a double label with a fastfood chain which also sucks is ridiculous. it's like two turds walking hand in hand.

no wonder, i wouldnt eat that shit if i lived in tokyo, i thought u lived in the US or some shit country like the US

i'm definitely not feeling Clot much...those 'railroad worker' limited edition Levi's that came out last summer, eh i admire the fact he designed a whole backstory and what not for them that seems like a pretty interesting marketing tactic, but the product itself is nothing but hype.

Those Alienegra t-shirts aren't so hot either, but again the HK fashion hypebeasts flock towards people they see as a local 'style icon' like Edison.

and looks like Clot is reaching out and collabing with other countries...saw a pic of kanye wearing a t-shirt that had his mascot bear, fragment design and clot logo all in one shirt...haha wonder how many people lined up for that shirt.

i remember when i first saw edison. it was at the hysteric glamour party. he was dressed head to toe in bape. he was on stash's dick the whole night. i didn't even know who the fuck he was until recently.

i got them stickers fade. i left the milk mag in HK though when i went back to the states.

thanks for the article sid. really interestin stuff.

is this thing gonna diverge into about edison? well say what you want about him, but he does hustle and i respect that. he's doing things design-wise for HK whereas before tokyo would get all the attention. of course its not him and he's merely a celebrity face for the company, but its what works. he really should stop rapping though. i wrote a really long and extensive article about HK hiphop culture on a board i own. maybe i'll link it if people are interested.

i'm definitely not feeling Clot much...those 'railroad worker' limited edition Levi's that came out last summer, eh i admire the fact he designed a whole backstory and what not for them that seems like a pretty interesting marketing tactic, but the product itself is nothing but hype.

I didn't understand those jeans. Created to "celebrate" Asians toiling on the railroad in the US...and they didn't offer them in the states.

CLOT is still better than silly thing though...

Are you out of your mind?!

CLOT is no way better than Silly Thing...

Silly Thing's collaborations been soo much better, CLOT's camo ripped off bape tribal camo which in turn ripped off N)umber Nine's camo in the first place.

Bar doing the biggest bungie jump in teh world, Edison has done f*** all. He's an utter joke...

If in doubt, just check him either dancing or doing his 2Pac rendition on youtube... they speak for themselves.

Edison just rides Fujiwara and Nigo waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Oh and fyi, MOS Burger > Mcd's.

Silly Thing's collaborations been soo much better, CLOT's camo ripped off bape tribal camo which in turn ripped off N)umber Nine's camo in the first place.

Bar doing the biggest bungie jump in teh world, Edison has done f*** all. He's an utter joke...

If in doubt, just check him either dancing or doing his 2Pac rendition on youtube... they speak for themselves.

I don't care for either brand but I still can't believe that a brand called "Silly Thing" did a collaboration with Hermes.........weird.

Mmmm, Mosburger.

I don't care for either brand but I still can't believe that a brand called "Silly Thing" did a collaboration with Hermes.........weird.

Mmmm, Mosburger.

i can't fathom this either. i think silly thing is just big in hk. i heard thru the grapevine that tk's dad is a prominent and powerful bizman/hk social figure.

i prefer freshness burger to mos, but mosburger's fried chicken is the shit!

I respect Edison for what he does for the Chinese sneaker/street wear market, and eventho he's not considered a talented rapper..he does do a good job on promoting what hiphop should be in HongKong. he could have stayed pop and make cream and basically bang the hell out of every model he lays his eyes on..but he decided to go indy...base on that alone, I can't really flame the guy.

I wouldn't caught dead in either brands.

but clot air force 1 is a better collabo than all the collabos sillything ever did.

the new sillything x supreme x futura box is a great example of how stupid

TK at sillything is...he probably paid a ton to make that collabo happen as well.

yep, tk/juno's father is a pretty prominent businessman...i went to school with them (Juno was in my homeroom in grade 8). Never met TK though.

sorry , but who is juno (besides tk's sibling)?

he's a singer...

one of the more stylish figures in the HK scene also, IMO. ever since i saw him in middle school he's always worn clothes with a nice flair.

were u friends with juno?

were u friends with juno?

nah actually in grade 8 i didn't get along with him that well and kinda had a falling out with him. was more due to me than him though, back then i was reckless .... but hopefully i resolved things and he doesnt have any hard feelings on his end either ...if i saw him on the street now i'd say what's up. he's a polite, soft spoken dude, doesn't have any attitude really.

he's a singer...

one of the more stylish figures in the HK scene also, IMO. ever since i saw him in middle school he's always worn clothes with a nice flair.

eeeeehh....................i don't think anything he puts on is nice whatsoever. i respect your opinion as you know the guy and have been to school with him.

i'm in no way a edison fan but pound for pound, Edison's style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juno's as much as he rides HF, Stash, Futura, Shinsuke, etc.......at least it "seems" more like a mutual/geniune business relationship. IMO, Juno just seems like he slaps a bunch of brand on himself nad walks out the door, mind you , Edison does the same thign but at least he reps his own shit and looks better in the gear.

i respect your opinion, although it's the exact reverse. Edison has his own style, is pretty influential, and i think overall carries clothes better than typical HK celebs like Eason, Shawn Yu, etc. who just come across as no better than a hanger for the pieces they wear...but Juno has an overall look about him that i think is much more interesting and has more depth, especially when reading things he has to say in interviews. Edison's got ambition and big ideas, but i'm not so much a fan of the execution.

^^

haha

Shawn Yu seem sto fell off the loop other than in JP modeling for for Jap labels and movies.

and to be honest i havent seen Juno's style lately but when he was still an up and coming singer, his style was nothing more than ppl you see on NT. espeically wiht his frame and height, wears like XXL in bape camo and whatnot and it was def. unappealing.

but yeah back to the topic, haha everything in HK is a sellout anyways. they dont give a shit, just let the flow coming. For some strange reason, MCD in hk taste a lot better than America.

btw, F2B, are you currently in HK or the states?

im still in the US for my last semester of college i'll be back in HK/China full time after May.

yeah Juno used to be on that Bape tip, but in the past year i've seen some shoots of him wearing Mastermind, or just overall darker looking clothes and i think it suits him great.

you went to HKIS huh. i was in the same grade as edison while i lived there from 7th-9th. we were cool with each other. he sold me a shaq rookie once. lol

I dunno about style or whatever, but Juno's music owns Edisons

I know Juno doesn't write any of his music, but he at least comes off as someone who is passionate about it.

He started with really crappy music, but after his Silly Thing label he has been quite ambitious and adventerious.(at least in terms of the HK pop scene)

Edison to me only rides on MC yan and co. and comes off as a poster boy. Don't feel him or his music.

nah actually in grade 8 i didn't get along with him that well and kinda had a falling out with him. was more due to me than him though, back then i was reckless .... but hopefully i resolved things and he doesnt have any hard feelings on his end either ...if i saw him on the street now i'd say what's up. he's a polite, soft spoken dude, doesn't have any attitude really.

really??

i always thought he would be a cocky person

im still in the US for my last semester of college i'll be back in HK/China full time after May.

yeah Juno used to be on that Bape tip, but in the past year i've seen some shoots of him wearing Mastermind, or just overall darker looking clothes and i think it suits him great.

yea, ive seen some pics on his blog where he wears some very nice stuff, and then others where he goes over the top with bape/bbc gear... i wish i knew how to read chinese tho.

i love how the falling out was in 8th grade....what was it over? magic cards?

does anyone try to big up himself more than edison?

have any of you read his blog on honeyee? most of the guys on there are humble - they all are fairly accomplished in their respective fields and don't need to promote themselves much... but edison, dayum... its practically unreadable. examples from recent posts :

"no one ever knows but this is going to be insane

the whole HOOD gon be rocking

see for yaself "

"yes be scared industry cats i am coming to take ya points away"

etc etc...

I can respect him trying to branch out into fashion and whatever, but he could really use a shot of humility. i'm no psychiatrist or anything, but the constant self-promotion screams of one who suffers from a lack of self-confidence.