australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

sorry i havent been posting in a while :/ been sick as a dog since i got back from overseas.

am still up for tonight though! just maybe not too much drinks for me... is josh/jbone going? he should ;) and are you guys okay if I bring Lyna (my business partner/designer) to come along? she would love to meet the local sufu'ers.

met up with Arj quickly yesterday in the city. chill dude.

nah melv in bangkok atm... back in a months time

hope u guys have a good night wana see some photo's.. bummed i miss first syd nmeet up and espec missing out on arj's stuff... ill be seeing your stuff when im back melv ;)

sorry to bombard you guys with another question but, any chance you guys know where i can pick up some fabrics; more particularly recycled wool about 1/4" thick or some waxed cotton? was at lincraft today but couldnt find anything even asked the sales rep :( - and was at spotlight last week didnt see anything similar either. thanks in advance guys.

@ajax - love that song and video, costume design is hot any chance you know who it is?

Hey guys,

Vlada's still the go-to place for alterations? What about that Fedele D place? Need to take in the waist on suit pants I got on supermarket :D

Also anyone has a go-to cobbler for boots? Will be getting _7 combats this week. Looking to slap some protection on there. Looking for insoles as well, not sure where to get Scholl's in Sydney, priceline or something?

I'm going to Sydney in December (xmas to new years). is it really too hot to wear jeans during that time?

would recommend something like this..

4019946531_afd168c19c.jpg

raw denim is just to much most days, especially around christmas and new years which seems to be +40°C(104+°F) the last three or four years..maybe last year was a bit cooler though?? I wasn't in Syndey... You could get away with over dye denim or light cotton pants... maybe.. I wouldn't rely on them personally.

I normally wear US Size 10/EU 44 but always laced up tight + socks. Rough measurement of my foot places me at 26.5cms tho, which is what most of the Japanese webstores quote for a size 2.

are you sure.. that measurement seems two sizes to small for a 44. If your foot measures 26.5cm I would rec a size1 in Julius boots.. a size 2 for a non snug fit..

Any comments on Coombes in the Strand for shoes?

Fuck them. Doesn't stock shoe cream. Has no idea what it is.

Mildly condescending attitude.

Will be sending my shoes back to the manufacturers for resoling etc when needed.

Positive that there isn't a single competent cobbler in Australia.