A Coat To Keep Me Warm And Dry

Double SS

Hey, I do a lot of commuting and I need a coat to keep me warm standing at train stations, waiting for the unreliable public transport. Anyways I have my eye on an Idiom coat but I honestly don't know much about them. They look pretty thin to me so I was wondering if anyone could help me. Also some websites where I can get it from, besides Glade and Grandism. Or if you've got suggestions for other coats.

rirawin-update if you pick up one of those jackets. always interseted in a gore tex beater.

Yeah, back to the question. Really depends what your are going to do. If you plan to use it for boarding then get something that is above 10000 mm H20, but make sure it breathes. I own gore-tex jackets and the best part is it's breathability.

ANd like everyone has already mentioned wind proof is another thing to examine.

Shell --- Fleece ----Clothes ----Base Layer!

Yea go with either a Goretex, Ultrex, or Tactel - Not hyvent.

Waterproof, breathable, and windproof.

Make sure to have taped seams also.

^^ those Loki jackets look pretty good! And its not as expensive, but better - alot of good features. I like the Norse stuff too...they call their fabric ASGARD and MIDGARD.

Another + on Spiewak clothing. The dress postmen that have to go through rain, sleet, snow... well you know how the rest goes. Their fashion/street line is equally as sturdy as their uniform line.

http://www.spiewak.com/

frickin' love this detachable hood:

3399big4gh.jpg

Plus it's sold frequently @ yoox and karmaloop for pretty okay discounts during their sales.