elle

1.jpg

another pic

yet another pic

oh look, another pic

hey, guess what, it's another pic

one virgin fresh japanese ps3 for sale.

made in japan.

i paid ¥80000 for it on yahoo auctions. asking for $700 plus shipping.

i have already shipped 1 unit successfully to san francisco. sent on a friday, got there on tuesday. my friend had a great time with it over christmas.

EMS shipping rates for the 7kg unit itself:

north america, oceania, middle east, central america: $89

EU: $102

asia: $65

south america, africa: $175

insurance will be an extra $1-2

i can run you down extra accessories, dvd remote, controller, japanese ps2/ ps3 games, you name them. you're paying for it of course and i will charge transportation fees (won't be an assload unless you're talking a ton of stuff and i end up with hundreds of thousands of yen in cab fare.)

i accept paypal and bank transfers, bank transfer is preferred at this point. payment in US dollars, please.

i'll make sure it gets shipped, even to the EU where they scare you out of buying ps3s on ebay. act quickly. after the 22nd it will be hard for me to ship the thing, and i'll be in hong kong for about a month starting feb 1st.

now go round up your significant others/housemates/ siblings and pool some cash.

gogogogogogogogogogogoggoooooooooo

i kept it and lugged it around with me for a month. it's labor cost.

plus i had to fend off a house full of boys from it, not to mention the amount of restraint it took to keep myself from using it. my housemates went to tsutaya, rented all the ps3 titles, and started taking turns waking me up at 6 in the morning everyday for 2 weeks and i still didn't cave.

come on, $40 for that kind of dedication, i think i deserve it.

i say you just open it!!

when i got mine i thought about selling it... and then realized that people probably arent going to buy it for the price i want. its definetly worth it, no doubt. i have both a ps3 and a 360 and the ps3 is in my opinion a much better machine. they will end up costing about the same, bc 360 makes you buy all those stupid accessories especially controller related ones. just keep it you wont be regret it... i dont

people who already own a 360 defend it to no end. i don't see how the 2 systems even compare, the ps3 is so much more powerful. everyone knows that the video card is what matters the most. right now the ps3 is still missing a killer app. sony didn't send out developer kits quickly enough, and having worked in video games production, i can tell you that a normal dev team needs about 2-3 months to really get ramped up on a dev kit even if they start production within a week of receiving it.

i played resistance at my friend's and liked it a lot.

what appeals to me most about the ps3 is that you can run your own os on it. *that's* really fun, cuz you can start writing your own apps. i think sony might be open to independent developers coming to them with their homegrown apps (cuz they're desperate.)

elle that's cool and all but most shops stateside can't even get rid of their ps3's... at retail price. there is no way you are going to get $700+. and as far as i've heard, they've got ps3's sitting on shelves collecting dust in japan too. at best ur going to have to settle for below retail if selling stateside.

That's definitely not true. PS3s have been selling out the day they ship in... unless you're talking about gamestop in Montana or something.

people who already own a 360 defend it to no end. i don't see how the 2 systems even compare, the ps3 is so much more powerful. everyone knows that the video card is what matters the most. right now the ps3 is still missing a killer app. sony didn't send out developer kits quickly enough, and having worked in video games production, i can tell you that a normal dev team needs about 2-3 months to really get ramped up on a dev kit even if they start production within a week of receiving it.

i played resistance at my friend's and liked it a lot.

what appeals to me most about the ps3 is that you can run your own os on it. *that's* really fun, cuz you can start writing your own apps. i think sony might be open to independent developers coming to them with their homegrown apps (cuz they're desperate.)

it's true...after christmas, stores around here were taking returns from "speculators" that didn't manage to sell their systems. i think the wii is harder to find here than a ps3!

no offense, but...from what i understand, it's VERY difficult to develop for this system. and to do 1080i is just ridiculous. so if you're developing a game to run in 720p, it may as well be on the 360.

sony really screwed up on this...most developers are against this system, and i've even heard people go so far as to say that sony should scrap it altogether and start over. a title like gran turismo in n.a. may have helped it's sales here????

sure the video card matters, but not what matters most. its up to the game developers to optimize the system's specs. i thought several comparisons were made of games between the 360 and the ps3 and understandably the 360 comes out on top FOR NOW. the ps staples (turismo, ff, re) will undoubtedly force eyes to instant orgasm, but at the moment, the real deal is teh blu ray. but im getting a wii tomorrow so meh. good luck with sale

i think it's mudslinging.

i like the 360 as well, but they're of completely different capacities. personally, i want a wii. it don't matter, i will have to own all 3.

developers don't like the ps3 because sony sent out the dev kits late. it's not that difficult. devs are letting out negative news to buy some time and probably to milk more support from sony. i know some people working at the dev lab at sony here, theyre short on hands so they're only able to respond to large developers. sony is mismanaged, it is a real problem, but the system itself has quite a bit of integrity. i also like how bold sony is coming in with the system specs. the specs are high enough that it can outlast competing systems. i think it's going to work out pretty much the same way between the gamecube and ps2, they already have their niches carved out and everyone agrees that it works better that way. the xbox doesn't have as big a market outside of north america, so the ps3 will definitely survive, and i think its integrity will only be confirmed longer down the road. it's not hard to develop for the ps3, i mean if you can program in unix you can develop for the ps3. nerds who jumped on the ps3 went home to immediately start programming space invaders or whatnot. it's that kind of system. it's like having a commodore all over again. *drool*

heheh.

i don't know.

i don't want this system cuz other people want it, i want it cuz i want it. i am broke at the moment and need some cash so i needs to sell her. ebay to europe was unsuccessful because ebay france kept deleting my listing. so here she, is. my baby that i got from some dude in sendai after 12 hours of yahoo auctions. the asking price is ideal, but i am open to reasonable offers.

• 4 months later...

now gently used.

hoping for $500 with 2 games (ridge racer 7 and resistance: fall of man.)

yes, both games have been played through rather extensively. you can get the system with or without the saved data.

don't want the games? not a problem. can be priced lower.

hit me up if interested.