How Deep?

Selegna

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah here at UW we have this thing called Short Term Loan where you can borrow up to 2500 per quarter as long as you pay it back by two quarters length. no payment no interest. Last quarter i pulled out like 1500$ and borrowed money from a friend to pay that back...this quarter pulled out another 1000 to pay back my friend...its a long cycle but i'll pay it off gradually.

I've had credit cards in the past; far too easy for someone like me to rack up some serious amounts on them. Somehow during college I was studying abroad, and found myself with my dad's platinum card, and was standing on the showroom floor of a car dealer considering buying a car with that thing. Credit cards get crazy. I figure there some point towards the end of college where after 4 years, I'd spent the better part of $100,000 on them. My parents bailed me out, but there have been times when I'd wondered if they really would, and I was sweatin it out. I've been both credit card and debt-free since walking at my college graduation a couple years ago; it's frustrating to not be able to have a credit card sometimes, but I think the feeling of being 100% debt free, with everything paid for in cold cash outweighs it.

Here's where I can brag. I always pay off my monthly account balance in full. In average I pay about 800 dollars a month to clear the credit cards. The rest of my money which is usually equal to if not more than the cc bill goes to an internet savings acct.

The superfuture trip cost me an extra 500 bucks though ^_^

How do people end up with such huge debts?! why not just stop spending if you know you can't pay back? I'm not posing a judgement, I'm genuinley interested in knowing.

Personally, I always pay off my CC. My debit card doesn't work here, so I just use my CC and pay it every morning.

i have been in a few situations where i would have been totally screwed without a credit card. sometimes you just dont have any extra money for stupid stuff that pops up, like getting my car towed.

I understand that, but things like that won't put you in a few hundred/thousand dollar debt.

How do people end up with such huge debts?! why not just stop spending if you know you can't pay back? I'm not posing a judgement, I'm genuinley interested in knowing.

Personally, I always pay off my CC. My debit card doesn't work here, so I just use my CC and pay it every morning.

Well, whatever I put on my CC nowadays I pay off that same day or atleast before the end of the month. Mine got so high due to 'first credit card too young excitment' and holidays etc. Now it's strictly for bills, www purchases or for whilst travelling.

I was interested in this thread because I wanted to read more about the perils faced and the meals sacrificed by people with overwhelming credit card debt and how they paid (or don't pay) it off. But half the posts come from people who pay the bill on time (cheers you guys) and teenagers who get mommy to pay the balance for them at the end of the month. What a let down.

That out of the way ,I don't even own a credit card, because I'm way too paranoid, I dont have the money to support my desired spending habits and I know they want to screw me. ¬.¬

I don't understand how someone can be 6 gs in CC debt. That is just plain irresponsible in my opinion. I am not mocking you or anything but I just can't comprehend that. I have 3 CC but pay them off every month. So no debt for me.

it's a lot of money but there's tons of americans who are in the same boat. personally I am debt-free :)

I was interested in this thread because I wanted to read more about the perils faced and the meals sacrificed by people with overwhelming credit card debt and how they paid (or don't pay) it off. But half the posts come from people who pay the bill on time (cheers you guys) and teenagers who get mommy to pay the balance for them at the end of the month. What a let down.

That out of the way ,I don't even own a credit card, because I'm way too paranoid, I dont have the money to support my desired spending habits and I know they want to screw me. ¬.¬

Seriously, having good credit lets you in some doors. And having good credit means actually using and owning a credit card.

Oh and even though I have great credit and no debt, I still spend very little on food and more on clothes. Cheaper and well thought out diets rich in vitamins/veggies/energy can easily be cheap, anyone who buys the empty calories in fast food is totally wasting their health and money. Who's with me?

It got me approved no problem on renting cars, renting apartments and will probably help me in getting loans and a mortgage (if I ever wanted one) in the future.