Superdenim updates

tweeds

since it's the new year - and that's just an excuse to make resolutions - some things on board for the denim section; feel free to comment, suggest, feedback.

1. Photothreads - As per the discussion in a thread a long time ago, the Evolution photothread will be left on its own, for miscellaneous comments and photos. Some may have noticed that XXX thread recently started and then put to sleep temporarily - this was due to time constraints on my part - but I hope to complete this soonish, and then either open it up for everyone to post (but only the best shit goes), or keep it locked but continue adding photos from the evolution thread that really stand out. A proper How Jeans Fit thread is also in the works following this...this would be heavily moderated to make it pictures and measurements only, but open to all.

2. The Small Questions thread is really exploding, with 27 pages (and some "use the search button" comments already), and hopefully the This or That? thread will prove as useful.

3. Tagging - It does seem that while the Encyclopaedia serves some purpose as a store of info, threads devoted to brands and models of jeans cannot all be listed and tags appear to be a good substitute for this. An experiment with a smaller encyclopaedia in tandem with a larger tag cloud might be an idea...

Tweedles, I love where you're going with all the content management. The new titling of the Evolution Thread is great, and tagging was a great suprise to see. This is really beginning to turn superdenim into a great information resource. Oh, and I like this (updates) thread too. Keeps the rest of us up to date with forum info, and acts like a suggestion box. Plus, like chicken's post above, superdenim store maps would be a great idea...

As for the small questions thread, its a great thread too, and although I'm sure it would be a lot of legwork, is there any way to aggregate some of the questions and answers? Reading through the thread is kind of like seeing a supernoob encyclopaedia in development, and it could be really useful to have a way to navigate it.

Anyways, tweedles if its not too much for you to handle, I vote that you rule superdenim unquestionably, and take the 'heavy moderation' approach to any galleries that are built. Us users are great for providing the content, but you're the one with a vision about how this forum is structured. Keep up the good work.

I'm really loving the tag cloud. It seems to be working best in superdenim, out of all forums. Please, everyone contribute tags to old threads. It'll help a lot. Superfuture will be even bigger and better in '07...

It really is fantastic!

In all honesty, might as well take the clouds out of the other sub-forums. They really accomplish very little in the others, especially since they fill up so quickly in supermarket with old, dead threads.

PG2G - that's what i thought, so i've managed to do the first two pages (as of yesterday)...the remaining four will happen by the by. :)

coldrice - damn! i know...this time i'll go on the weekend. not that superdenim isn't already filled with tonnes of pictures mind you ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work as always TIP.

Someone had a good idea about having a back pocket acurate library, I thought it was a good idea. I kind like seeing them all together and since some of the Japanese brands will be changing soon, now may be a good time?

one question about the xxx thread: is it possible to somehow create a function where you can give reps directly to the original owners of the posts when you see killer fades?

i think them denimheads deserve some cred.

i'm not sure, but i've been receiving stray PMs as well due to people just clicking my user ID instead of sending a note to the member i listed in bold at the top of the post.

however i can't just link to the original post, because that would make continuity an issue (how to show that one post is an update of an earlier one)...

i think a stopgap now is to search for the user ID and then rep another post? or rep directly in evolution.

let me check. :)

Someone had a good idea about having a back pocket acurate library, I thought it was a good idea. I kind like seeing them all together and since some of the Japanese brands will be changing soon, now may be a good time?

I don't know if you mean me, but I've been talking to TIP about it a bit and said that I would do it, only thing is I really don't have time to do it at the moment though.....

i'm not sure, but i've been receiving stray PMs as well due to people just clicking my user ID instead of sending a note to the member i listed in bold at the top of the post.

however i can't just link to the original post, because that would make continuity an issue (how to show that one post is an update of an earlier one)...

i think a stopgap now is to search for the user ID and then rep another post? or rep directly in evolution.

let me check. :)

thanks for checking TIP! meanwhile, i'll try your stopgap method.

Nice work as always TIP.

but isn't this sort of helping out the witch hunt, unless all the arcuate variations had been eliminated from this world?