Eternal 811 or PBJ XX005

songxl917

Are these two the same fit after soak? or xx005 is slimmer? may be xx003, but seems like a little relaxed before soak.

I like the 811 fit very much, but also consider PBJ as my new year's project.

Anyone has both of them or could offer some opinion(or even other models)? I prefer regular fit, straight leg, most importantly not so baggy around the ass and upper thigh, but not too slim as well:D

I have never, ever, heard or read a complaint about the fit or quality of the Eternal 811. I love my pair, they fade incredibly with a degree of vertical falling that other brands really don't come close to, and the fit is perfect for me. They are certainly not baggy at all, but they are relatively slim. However, i doubt they will be too slim since they offer a slimmer version as well. The PBJ's are sick too, but i think that more people have them if that's any concern to you.

OK, my new question is: does Pure Blue Japan or Nudie, yes "nudie", has any models that have exactly the same fit as Eternal 811?

By exactly the same fit, I meant not looser or slimmer, from what my point of view, PBJ XX005 is slimmer than 811, while PBJ XX003 is looser than 811. Correct me if I was wrong, and what about Nudie Straight Sven?

im probably one of the few people on this board that does not get the pure blue craze. with that being said go eternals, never owned a pair but the ones that i handled were very nice, as well as the pics ive seen.

eternals serve very well as my regular-fitting jeans because of my skinny legs (chicken legs! ;)) even though they are really slightly slimmer than the average jean. again, you've got nothing to complain about their construction - because it's really top notch. so i guess this might be a good pair for you. the only problem that some people might have is the initial bulge around the hips but this will go away with wear and as the jeans adapt to your body shape.

im probably one of the few people on this board that does not get the pure blue craze. with that being said go eternals, never owned a pair but the ones that i handled were very nice, as well as the pics ive seen.

i second you here man. I got a pair of 003's in japan and didn't like em. Everytime i'm in BIG Gordon keeps showing me the AI's and even though those would probably be the ones that would turn me around in the pure blue craze, the Oni's look much more appealing. Go for eternals...Eternals and SDA's are underdogs on this board.

the SS is looser than the 811. just get the 811 if that is the fit you want, they are amazing.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. I have both and the SS seems to fit slimmer (but a lot differently because I'm letting the SS stack some, while I don't care for that on the 811). I haven't washed the SS yet, but at the same time the 811 has more room in the waist (after being washed twice). I think I prefer the SS fit but I've only had them for 4 days. But the 811 are awesome as well.

Fine, I'll defenitely get a pair of 811, I am 30 waist, should I get 29 or 30 given those 811s are one wash?

eternals are infamously slim in the waistband compared to tagged size.

if you measure 30" at your waist, get a W30. that's actually sizing one down compared to buying Pure Ball Juice xx-005 in 30 for example. so think of the 30 eternals as 29s.

if you don't, and just buy size 30 in most ("western") brands, get atleast a 31, and maybe even a 32, depending on how much pain/stretching you're willing to endure.

i'm a true 32" and i wear size 30 in nudies for example, 31 in PBJ and 32 in eternals if i would buy another pair. i got mine in size 30 but couldn't button all buttons for a week and i had bruises back pains and it's nothing i'd ever do again.

i'm at work but a very quick comparison follows: 005s are lower rise than tigers, 005s are slimmer through the thigh than tigers, but not below the knees. i'm not sure about width of the hem, but iirc my eternals are 20-21cm, maybe someone else can chime in with 005 measurements there. no huge differences but differences none the less.

i will measure and compare tonight and edit this post.

I've owned both the 005s and the eternal 811s, here's my run down.

PBJs:

- MUCH slimmer through the thigh and knee

- slubbier

- very low rise

Eternal 811

- Slim straight, whereas the PBJs are nearing skinny on me

- full rise pants, worn 1.5"-2" below the belly button

- very very streaky denim

My advice with the eternals is to go with your true size, I wear a 29 in PBJs and the 29 I got in eternals is just a smidge too big, a bit loose around the seat, which I can't stand at all. I wear 28/29 in most jeans and should have gone with the 28 in eternal 811s.

Also, the denim on the PBJs is really something to behold. I've been completely underwhelmed by the denim on everything else I've handled since the PBJs ( Samurais, Eternals, APC ). If you're going just by denim quality alone I would say the PBJs take the crown, it feels great being worn and the denim feels substantial.

How much looser is the 003 compared to the 811?

Is the cut on the 003 comparable to any other jean?

Good question, anyone could answer this?

811(neither bear or tiger, just standard) seems perfect fit for me, and now I am just wondering if there is any PBJs has the same fit? As far as I'm concerned, xx005 is way slimmer, but what about xx003? looser? or similar

811(neither bear or tiger, just standard) seems perfect fit for me, and now I am just wondering if there is any PBJs has the same fit? As far as I'm concerned, xx005 is way slimmer, but what about xx003? looser? or similar

don't know about 811, but the xx003s are regular fit. the xx005s are slim fit and a low rise. i tried on about 15 different prs in big and the two i like the best were the xx005s and the s5000bks (samurais). i went with the sammies, but it was a very tough choice.

the 811's i tried on in tokyo were noticably slimmer than the 003's. there is a lot of inconsistency in eternal sizing...some go with their regular size, some have to size up, i'm a 30 across the board and a 32/33 eternal barely fit in the waist. 30 eternals were fucking painted on me. 003's are roomier, but in no ways baggy. eternals have a higher waist than 003's, 003's low rise killed em for me, i couldn't wear boxers they were bunching up so much!!