Help Buying Suit in NYC

F A Y B A N

Hello Superfuture

I usually don't make posts on here but I need help (I already used the search function).

I've gone to my local malls in New Jersey and PA and I can't find anything. I'm looking for a slim fitting, two button, double vented, dark navy blue or black suit. While I'm on break from school, I figured I'd check out New York to see what they have to offer, but I've never shopped there besides Blue in Green.

I'm looking to spend anywhere from 4 to 8 hundred. What are some good places to check out?

If it helps, I'd like something that looks like this:

zidane.jpg

Thanks in Advance.

I hate myself for writing this, but try century 21. But go early as fuck in the morning otherwise you'll get trampled in the herd. 800 is pretty low for a suit in NYC IMO, so other than department stores I'm not sure where else you'll find anything in your range.

• 2 weeks later...

it's ok, i'm not a huge fan though. it's pretty expensive for what it is. something i read somewhere described it as the UK version of Banana Republic, but most of their stuff is more fomal and more trendy. probably wouldn't be my first stop in new york for suits.

the hugo boss on 5th in midtown is huge, you may have some luck there. they also do a made to measure event a couple times a year, but i'm not sure when.

i read about Freeman's Sporting Club in Rivington that is supposed to be pretty good for suits, but i've never been.

Sorry for upping an old post, but does anyone have any other places to find a suit? Someone at BIG told me about a place called Reiss. Is this place any good?

It is essentially an overpriced version of Zara. Same types of clothes/quality. Speaking of which, Zara actually has a fairly decent line of suits, and if you are in a bind and need a decent suit at a cheap price, they are currently having a huge sale: all of their $300 suits are down to $129. Materials are fairly nice wool/cashmere blends and cuts are pretty decent. Check it out.

If you do have money and want a quality suit at a fair price, however, keep an eye out for Zegna (not the Z Zegna line), Corneliani, or Isaia suits on discount at places like Century 21......

i heard someone scored a DH two piece for 700 at one of those discount places...i think it was loehmann's? Don't remmber but the chances of that are slim (no pun intended)

'

try costume national...suits are reasonably priced and well made. dont know if its in that price range unless its on sale though...

Call Calvin Klein on 60th and Madison to see if they have a sale. I've been shopping there for years, and they have the most friendly, knowledgable staff you can imagine. They sell a lot of different kinds of suits, but they always carry a classic two button in Navy or Black for $999. If they're having a sale, and they are often are, it could cost half that. This is Calvin Klein black label, which you can't find in department stores. I highly recommend.

If that doesn't work out, you have Bloomingdale's nearby. Barney's is just next door, but you'd be hard pressed to find a suit in the $400-800 range there.