diesel zathan 772's altered

fndmybetterhalf

i just posted these on supershopper but i had to share the joy with everyone cuz im happy.

so i bought these diesels a long time ago.... when bootcuts were the coolest things ever...before i knew all about dry/selvage all that good stuff... but i absolutely loved the finish and the wash. but unfortuantely, i put them away for a long time and decided to take them into Kuhlman tailoring in Seattle and get them altered to taiper the bootcut to a slim straight leg. absolutely love them.

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Those look pretty nice.

How was kuhlmans? Is it expensive relative to other tailors in town, I mean, since it's probably the most famous/prestigious...? I got a duffle coat for xmas that I love, but desperately need it taken in, and was probably going to have it done at kuhlmans.

i was actually really surprised...i thought they'd charge quite a bit for tailoring but it was only like 30$ with tax...really nice people that work there... im about to head to kuhlman later this week to pick up a pair of Lee's there...not sure if they carry the 101z gold labels but i have my fingers crossed.

they took in both inseam and out.... wat they did was fold up the leg opening to the knee, measured the width of the knee, took in the leg opening to the same measurement as the knee so its pretty much straight leg.

heres a couple pics

DSC_0001.JPG

so heres the downside/ugly side to it... you cant cuff these jeans anymore (not that i would but anyway...) because the outseam was taken in so that one part (dont know the technical term) is all huge and wide.

DSC_0002.JPG

overall jeans hanging now...

DSC_00041.JPG

so as you ocan tell...the leg opening is identical to knee and yet again...the shot of the ugly outseam.

well i was going to sell my zathan 772's until i saw this. now i think i'll hit up a tailor tomorrow. anyone know a good spot around west chester, PA? (i don't really expect an answer, but if anyone actually does, please tell)

the jeans look very good. what's the hem measure?

fuck let me know, i'm from west chester, there are a bunch of places around turks head on high street, been meaning to try it out, a bit scared though.....let me know how that treats you...

yeah honestly..i was very hesitant to getting them tailored but then i figured... hey if i dont do this, then i probably wont ever wear these jeans cuz i havent in awhile so why the hell not. so i took it in...they assured me they arent gonna fuck it up and turns out if they have experience doing this stuf...then theyre good. i'd set your doubts aside ESPECIALLY if you have a pair of jeans u wer eplanning on selling/not wearing anyway... if not, if therye a pair of jeans you really love but want to maybe taper them alittle or do small details...talk to them, look into it, etc.

i think the fat ass outer seam selvedge looks dope....

i did this to a pair of my jeans.

Technically that's not selvage, just a bunch of orange cross-stitching. ;)

I saw a guy in NYC who did this to his zathan 772 a long time ago and I thought they looked goofy but they look pretty nice on you. In general though diesel tends to reuse some of their washes (772 is a "dna" wash so they'll probably never get rid of it) so if you wanted a straight-leg version you probably could have purchased a brand new jean in that same wash that was straight to begin with. 772 zathans also tend to keep resale value really nicely:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNWT-DIESEL-GUARANTEED-AUTHENTIC-ZATHAN-772-JEANS-32X30_W0QQitemZ130057646530QQihZ003QQcategoryZ52791QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diesel-jeans-Zathan-772-30-32-BNWOT_W0QQitemZ190064867744QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diesel-Zathan-772-Jeans-Size-34-x-30-RARE-2003-mod_W0QQitemZ150073438965QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those all sold for near or at the original retail price. :)