Digital SLRs?

nairb49

I'd check craigslist or something. Probably get one for about $400ish. Then the lenses go for $400ish for a decent 3rd party lens. I have the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and it's really sharp. Used that until I upgraded to the 24-70mm f/2.8L.

my buddy has the same set-up: canon 30d with the 24-70mm 4.0l.....sweet ass set up for sure

i got the sb 600 when it was around $170. so far i've found that it does exactly what i need to do, it seems like it went up to around $230 ish though. if you don't feel like shelling out the additional cash for the sb 800, i'd say check out the sb 600 and see if its sufficient for your use.

fuck EVERYBODY. SB-400 ALL THE WAY. so cheap and so delicious! btw, it makes your picture 100% better when you bounce flash it. My advice: get the sb-400. use it til you think you need a serious flash. sell the sb-400 on craigslist or something for 10 bucks under resale value. win!

I use a crumpler bag and camera strap. It's pretty good and the strap is way comfier.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh 500D is part of the Rebel line but side-by-side they are quite similar on a hardware basis.

I wouldn't be surprised if it brought it down a bit. At first I was pissed when it dropped but if you look further, I think the 50D still has some merits in terms of focusing, build, more fps, better layout (I like the double wheel set-up).

But regardless it will come down by virtue of it becoming a month older ya know... just how much I'm not sure. I can see the 500D has the potential to be hard to get and be priced > $800 USD for t first little bit but not as ground-breaking as 5DII.

Yo I rock a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D, oldschool shittt.

Can anyone recommend some sick lenses? Specifically a primer lens please.

I believe it is also compatible with Sony lenses.

Sony makes a 135mm F1.8 lens.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11040962

and then there is this warlock

http://k53.pbase.com/o6/94/6094/1/71175094.wYTMhueJ.New581.2Rokkor2628

1D mk I. Yeah, 4 megapixels for the win. I can interpolate shit to 24" x 36" @ 300dpi without it looking bad. 8fps, and the 1/500 x-sync are really nice, too.

Only bad thing is that it's noisy as fuck past ISO 1250.

That lens is so expensive man.

Cheaper alternatives please?

Don't get me wrong.

That lens looks so sick.

So trueee

But as soon as u hit X0D... u start itching for FF :/

so true

but as for now i can't afford a 5D let alone a 5DII so i'll stick to x0D line !

• 2 weeks later...