j.crew?

superBobo

I can imagine this brand bears some stigma for you US people, but to me it looks good, especially the shirts, bags and chinos/cargos. Somewhat like the trad brother of Enigeered Garments... colours and washes and layering looks like coming from the same place.

I wonder about the general quality and sizing and if it´s sold online somewhere else than the official site (which won´t ship internationally..) ?

I would also check out Banana Republic. Personally, I like the fit of thier clothes a lot more and think the quality is generally the same as JCrew.

One thing, if you're tall, JCrew's stuff seems to fit a little on the short side. Like others have said, it can fit a little wide as well. Banana Republic on the other hand fits a lot slimmer I think.

I'm sure there is someone on these boards that can help you order and then ship it to you at an additional fee.

I´ve been checking out Banana republic, and while some stuff looks good, they don´t seem to have such a clear style as J.Crew, which has the "broken in chinos", "washed favourite shirt", barn coats and such. Looks a bit cleaner imo, but Im sure I overlooked a lot of BR..

It sounds like BR would fit me better though, being tall and slim...

i agree that j. crew source quality leather for their belts and at a good price. AND their clothes run BIG-----but bland, uninteresting stuff.

Bland and uninteresting is exactly what jcrew is. And I count on that- I stock up on their plain cashmere hoodies and sweaters which are great for layering since it's thin and warm.