Samurai VS Sugar Canes

Sion

okinawas are amazing, for that brief two weeks i had mine, theyw ere amazing. Its just a damn shame i coudlnt get down with the fit. It just wasnt me, need something with a lower rise cause that 16.5 inch rise was just way too high.....but the denim....my god.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i'm 6'9 and considering sammys. i'd get a 36, would they be long enough for me? are any sammys longer than others? my blue blood dry good, avelon, and evisu no 1 jeans are barely long enough.

THANKS!

Unfortunately dude, I dont reckon they'd be long enough.

However, a few people here know the name of one of the people from Samurai HQ (who organised their competition) so maybe if you beg hard enough they make you a pair in extra long inseam..

(As is happening with the Skull jeans for of us members. You should register your interest on the petition)

I can't see why it wouldn't be possible at all to ask for some extra inches. Maybe if a few people did it.

ON the subject of Sugar Canes, ive got the Edos and the denim is utterly bizarre. (In a good way)

okay here are the differences of 3 jeans side by side. Earlier i said i own a pair of okinowa's, that was a typo sorry, its a pair of Hawaii's i own, i want a pair of okinowa's tho.

Note:

I have worn the Samurai VX5000 5 to 6 days a week for about the past 5 months.

I have worn the Sugar Cane Hawaii's about 5 to maybe 7 days total in the past month.

I have worn the Iron Heart 21 oz., never really, just tryed them on about 3 times.

<iron heart 21 oz selvage>..................................................<sugar canes hawaii>...............................<samurai vx5000>

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

Thelion1856,

I didn’t respond for a day or two, just cause I didn’t wanna feel like a stalker! But, Geez!, between your taste in boots and denim, I feel like I’m following you around. Damn! I AM following you around!

It’s obvious you like your Sammies (given the wear time). I’ve been eyeing over the Iron Hearts and would appreciate your experience of them (so far). Are you not wearing them because you got such great options in the Sammies and Hawaii’s? Or do you find reasons to be less pleased with the IHs? Is it the 21oz weight? Curious, but would appreciate.

…and, in continuation of the stalking, I’m still hoping to hear your experience of the new Fan-Indys, too!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I think both are great company. However, do SugarCare have 19oz or 17 oz denim? If not then that's a different for Samurai. Also the indigo used for Samurai is hard to fade! My S0110XJ has a darker blue than sky after 8 monthes of wear.

Thanks for the pix the Iron Hearts look nice i'm feeling the Sugarcanes too.

I didnt really pay attention to the start of the post but I've seen in other posts that people are realizing that SAMURAI aren't all that in terms of quality? Clarification because i seen a lot of people co signing